Ordering Wheels

bigred

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it IS for now. but the painting of the truck wont' come until everything else is done... so this project will be moving and in public view before the new paint scheme.

gallery_4758_98_10160.jpg

the before pics... no pics at the moment... it's just resting in a pile of parts right till the end of the summer.

Edited by bigred

no that was taken @ the dealership

this is my one and only GM prodcut. and after tearing it appart I will NEVER buy another GM... besides this and the H2 are on the top 10 list of vehicles I think should never had made it to the raod ;) but that's why I bought it for this project.

they just don't make anything like they used to :(

528864[/snapback]

you have no idea how bad it is... I'm used to metal bumper brackets... everything is plastic. stock bumper for this thing weighs in @ 10lbs! the stock bumper for a 96 bronco (the lightest of them all) was still over 60lbs!

I'm almost tempted to take my brother's advice and let him take it down to school for the work :( since this was his idea to start with. college engineering students LOVE messing with stuff like this. they modded an escape to be able to survive (and drive away after) a 25' drop for the hoist @ U of D's engineering shop... but that would ruin MY fun and MY headaches on this one :smack:

• 1 month later...

3rd one. dfeinitely. the 4th is nice but its not angular and devoid of everything that smooth bling is about like the 3rd one is. the 3rd one is brutish, not shiny, industrial looking and everythign that the camo escalade is going to be about. it might actually match the angular shape of the truck intself!! and the bumpers? i'm assuming youre going to get a few 4" steel tubes and weld yourself a nice double bumper? i'd jus thang it in front of the stock one......"RAMMING SPEED!"....and on behind the rear one....

oh yeah! whip antennas...all sorts of those too!...and dont forget the naked lady mudflaps...and various red-neck window decals in the back like "fight crime, shoot back" or various #3's and #8's...and some "Bass Pro Shops" stickers. yeah that's the ticket.....

Edited by robAP