Dell Definetly Does Have The Best Tech Support

My friend's laptop suddenly decided to stop taking input from the keyboard. Surely Dell could fix this, or at least promptly provide an answer from some happy 20 year old white guy who owns a Porsche (speaking of which how come things like Giant's PeaPod delivery service advertise a white guy on the bus yet the delivery guy is ALWAYS african american? nothing against african americans, I just wonder why they do that). Nope, Dell has him on hold for 40 minutes to get a guy who can barely speak english (he asked him where he is and he said India, which is probably why he said the sound was fuzzy), then has him wait another 10 minutes to get to someone who can speak english but is a total moron and jerk. He now has to wait until Tuesday to get it repaired.

NEVER BUY FROM DELL UNLESS YOU HAVE A WAY TO END YOUR LIFE AFTER WAITING FOR "AWESOME" TECH SUPPORT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, deal outsources to a call center in India, that's common knowledge. And it's also common knowledge that their tech/customer support is worthless and possibly one of the worst ones for any company in any industry.

I had to call there once when I was a real noob. I told him just to tell me how to reformat, I was smart enough to know my windows installation was majorly corrupt. He took about a good hour of my time "helping" me get rid of the virus before he told me all I wanted to know, what option to select when it asks you if you want to repair the insallation or install the the same partition.

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html

I remember when I bought a Dell back in 1998 or 1999 (I forget exactly). They were renown for the best service in the industry. Heck, they even made a pretty decent box back then. It's just so sad to have watched them go from that to making crappy machines and having some of the worst tech support. It's like they did a complete 180.

this hurts to do, but: i think for a full system company catered to customers who have NO idea what a computer is, they do a good job. they make affordable computers, and for all intensive purposes they provide support necessary to keep people coming back who can't fend for themselves in the tech world.

they do a decent job. i don't feel bad for dell owners, i feel bad for the tech support in India who have to deal every dang day with the same thing: "my internet broke it's DELL's fault" --- "somebody hacked my computer with popups it's your fault" ---- "give me somebody who speaks english"

i feel bad for them not dell owners. they get decent support considering the support costs not very much at all, a good business move, and works for them as keep on trucking, solving ignorant peoples problems as best they can despite the ridiculous flak they take.

w0rd

Well

A. My friend doesn't download anything that he sees, just CS Source skins and videos

B. It isn't his fault that Dell's crappy computer decided to not listen to the keyboard

C. He didn't have much of a choice, he doesn't have a continous flow of money and his parents didn't want to get him a new computer

OCCADD

Over Clockers Clubers Against Drunk Delling

for all intents and purposes... sounds the same... i used to think it was intensive too...

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html

523833[/snapback]

lol, that flash is great. and so true.

IUMaestro, the only reason dell's or any pre-built is good for mainstream users is because they provide customer support which you can't get if you build your own, HOWEVER, it's this same thing that ultimately hurts consumers. Dell's support sucks butt no matter how you look at it.

For an example of how the have no advanced knowledge of computers, go read my thread I posted awhile back entitled "Dell Sucks:" http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=26740&hl=dell

and then I dare you to tell me they actually know wtf they're talking about!

for all intents and purposes... sounds the same... i used to think it was intensive too...

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html <-- topical to say the least

523833[/snapback]

OMG. That flash... I was drinking some... Gatorade, and dude said "do you like ice cream" and I just lost it. Does anyone know how to get gatorade out of carpet? It came off the keyboard and monitor fine, but if my wife sees it on the carpet im toast.