Das Keyboard

lost

weighted? whats that suppose to do? ur not looking at the keyboard, u hit a key, its not what you wanted, you just delete it and try again without looking. with that, you'll have to go and memorize the weights. like himm "i wonder how much the I weight was hmmm" paH i've never bought a keyboard and its been working fine for me

but its weighted and made of excellent quality.

i havent paid a penny for any of my keyboards and they work just fine.

523608[/snapback]

Yes I was quoted.

Ya Id buy the keyboard if your really concerned bout typing.

i think everyone missed the point... only people who can touch type are skilled enough to use this keyboard... i could use it... i touch type and also type in the dark... i only have to feel for F, J, and numeric 5 and i'm all set

i almost painted my old keyboard pure black and wasn't going to bother painting the letters back on because i know where ALL the symbols are...

personally i think the Das Keyboard looks ugly so i got my own uber german keyboard :D

Most keyboards use a standard 55 grams of force required to register every key, Das Keyboard has 5 different levels of force. The keys are divided into groups and their feedback springs are weighted differently; from 35 grams to 80 grams, which correspond to the strength of the finger that touches the keys. The result is more comfort for your hands.

The weightedness is for more comfort when typing.

i think everyone missed the point... only people who can touch type are skilled enough to use this keyboard... i could use it... i touch type and also type in the dark... i only have to feel for F, J, and numeric 5 and i'm all set

i almost painted my old keyboard pure black and wasn't going to bother painting the letters back on because i know where ALL the symbols are...

personally i think the Das Keyboard looks ugly so i got my own uber german keyboard :D

523681[/snapback]

What he said. Touch typing and such. Now; lost. Please dont start topics (that have already been made before no less) just to post that you dont like something. Thats what we call a "rant" and it is frowned upon in many locations on the "interweb". Mmmkay? :D

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Das_Keyboard-t54314.html

Search is there for a reason.

523674[/snapback]

Lol, KB beat me to it. This was all discussed about a month ago.

BTW, the blank keys encourage better typing habits. The weighting is also nice, and very innovative.

I agree, $80 is a bit much, but come on. You're at a forum where people spend hundreds of dollars making their computers -look nice-. 80 dollars on a cool looking and very useful keyboard is really not out of the question in the grand sceme.

And nrg, I've seen info on that keyboard you have, and I remember wishing I could find it over here in the US. Very cool.

EDIT#

Please dont start topics (that have already been made before no less) just to post that you dont like something. Thats what we call a "rant" and it is frowned upon in many locations on the "interweb". Mmmkay? biggrin.gif

523674[/snapback]

Since when? People rant here all the time! Half of the posts here start from someone posting a link to a product that they think is stupid. Who cares?

Since when?  People rant here all the time!  Half of the posts here start from someone posting a link to a product that they think is stupid.  Who cares?

523685[/snapback]

thats what im thinking. look up some of KB's threads, most of them are rants about something or other (no offense). forgeting to search happens to everyone, a kind little reminder is all that is necessary.

Lol, KB beat me to it.  This was all discussed about a month ago.

BTW, the blank keys encourage better typing habits.  The weighting is also nice, and very innovative. 

I agree, $80 is a bit much, but come on.  You're at a forum where people spend hundreds of dollars making their computers -look nice-.  80 dollars on a cool looking and very useful keyboard is really not out of the question in the grand sceme.

EDIT#

Since when?  People rant here all the time!  Half of the posts here start from someone posting a link to a product that they think is stupid.  Who cares?

523685[/snapback]

yeah $80 is DEFINITELY out of the question for a freakin keyboard that you can usually get free or near-free. Big f'n whoop about the pressure points. We've dealt with the standard pressure of keyboards for years, we don't need that. And the blank keys, can easily be done by anyone (I remember a long time ago someone spraypainted his whole keyboard black and then painted random pictures on each key).

That $80 should be put towards the cost of some future upgrade (vc, cpu, hd, etc.), not some freakin keyboard.