• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww I missed it  :(

521866[/snapback]

I have a small snippet from the site.

"Central Programming Unit

the C.P.U. (or 'motherboard' as it is more commonly known) is the main part of hardware you need to know about. It is a large circuit that is made up of tiny microscopic wires and connections that pass data to different parts of the computer.

All computers have C.P.U.s

The C.P.U. has many plugs and slots for various other pieces of computer hardware such as R.A.M., a chip, cards, FDD disk drives, A.G.P. cards etc...

The C.P.U. looks quite complicated, but is in fact quite simple.

A C.P.U.'s speed is measured by the amount of busses it has. A Bus is a tiny microscopic electronic component that carries computer data. The more busses a cpu has, the more data can be carried at once, the faster it is. Most of today's modern C.P.U.s have over 700 busses."

Just imagine that, except in the context of hard drives and RAM.

:) glad to hear we got a few 1337 h4x0rzorzorz around to make the internet a lil better now and then.

that's ^%%$ing hilarious!!!

did anybody ever see the article on some parenting site about hacking? this "concerned mother" posted about how Quake was how your kids get into hacking, and the "nVidia" is something they buy to help their hacking. SHe goes on talking about crap she doesn't know about. It was on some forum and it came around the tech circle. I think there were like 1000 posts telling her to stfu when i read it that was maybe 3 montsh ago. sry didn't find the article searching for it again.