Valve With Ea Now

the_brink

What do you think of Valve going with EA?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Valve going with EA?

• thats awesome.
    • hmm, sounds cool.
    • ah, whatever.
    • valve is screwed
    • OMG, NOOOO!!!
    • Valve?

I never heard of WAN. I do know of a WON, which was originally run by Sierra, though.

514119[/snapback]

WAN is the internet protocal (?) for cell phones.

Personally, I love STEAM. I never have to goto some site, and wait in line to download a patch (or search for the torrent). My beef is that STEAM should just accept the fact that thier friends list never works and that Xfire does work. I want to see Valve and Xfire work together.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valve should stay alone.

517308[/snapback]

Allying with EA does two things:

1. Kicks Vivendi in the nuts. Very very hard.

2. Helps them distribute HL2 to retail stores, along with HL1 and the mods for that, which still have popularity.

WAN is the internet protocal (?) for cell phones.

Personally, I love STEAM. I never have to goto some site, and wait in line to download a patch (or search for the torrent). My beef is that STEAM should just accept the fact that thier friends list never works and that Xfire does work. I want to see Valve and Xfire work together.

517586[/snapback]

yeah, I've heard ppl complain about the friends list before, but frankly I don't care. Like you said, xfire does the trick, so I have no need for the steam friends list. I wouldn't use it even if it did work.

I don't know why you guys are arguing, steam is one of the best things to come around sense sliced bread.  I know steam had problems two years ago but they've fixed everything sense then.  off-line mode can be a pain sometimes but get over it.

515561[/snapback]

I LOVE Steam, and all of its games, and I think it is a GREAT idea. I mean, they find a small exploit with.. lets say buying 9 he grenades. They test it once, and release a patch real soon to fix it and keep people happy. New maps for css, released whenever theyre done. On the other hand, regular (non-steam) games get bigger patches with more stuff in them, but at longer intervals.

I want Valve to have my babies! :D

Which better publisher do you recommend?

EA and Vivendi are two of the world's biggest monopolies for software publications. Vivendi and Valve called it quits because of Steam. Valve is now teaming up with EA, Vivendi's biggest rival, to distribute retail versions of Half-Life 2 and other games. So they're getting more money, AND kicking Vivendi in the testicles.

EA's making maps for CS:S now?

523809[/snapback]

wtf r u talkin about, KB? at the end of the update, after the pics of the new CT skin, it stated that there would be a new addition to the Steam library that was NOT created by valve. I'm guessing that's what stinkshoe is referring to.