Valve With Ea Now

the_brink

What do you think of Valve going with EA?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Valve going with EA?

• thats awesome.
    • hmm, sounds cool.
    • ah, whatever.
    • valve is screwed
    • OMG, NOOOO!!!
    • Valve?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raven65

why the hell not now maybe they will update their games more. I'm sick of waiting for DOD Source. It sounds almost like duke nukem. It's coming it's coming and it never did.

Maybe they'll get rid of steam too. I liked the wan so much better.

If this means future ea games are going to be "steam" powered.  Then I puke all over the idea!

513357[/snapback]

I will puke right along with you.

513392[/snapback]

I really don't play EA games, so technically I don't care, but I think steam is just stupid, so I too would puke.

Wait wait wait, so you're all saying how Steam sucks.

YET, you play HL, HL2, or related games... Strange.

514364[/snapback]

I love going to Seattle, Washington, but I hate the traffic on the way there. Despite the hassle, I am willing to endure the traffic because the destination is well worth it. Do you understand? The fact that one plays Half Life and puts up with Steam (out of necessity) does not mean they actually like Steam. That logic is, for lack of a better word, silly.

On Topic:

Also, did any of you actually read the article posted? EA will not have a part in the development of Valve games. Valve is simply ending their relations with Vivendi and starting a new contract with EA. Read carefully:

EA will ONLY be in charge of DISTRIBUTING retail versions of the game.

Edited by ravix

In which case I have faith in Valve.

My comments were directed at people who say that Steam sucks and should never of been made and that Valve sucks, but still play games based on the HL or Source engines.

Yea, Steam is a really bad idea. I mean, developers don't deserve full payment for purchases, what were us coders thinking?

LOL, man, you make me laugh. Every time I see one of your attempts to convince people of your "l33t" programming skills, its embarrising. Come talk to me about programming when you have significant job experience in the field. You are just a kid who had read some tutorials online and perhaps read a few "Internet Security" books from Barnes & Noble. Trust me, its apparent when you post. I read most of the programming topics on the forums, and I have yet to see you post anything that didn't appear to be regurgitated from a HOWTO or guide.

That said, I support Valve's efforts to bypass a publisher. I think its great that they want to get more money to the developers and, in turn, make me better games in the future. THAT is not my complaint. My complaint is that steam is buggy, intrusive, and annoying software. And Valve thrust it upon us with very little tact.

Before you post again, try to use some decent logic. Sarcasm, wit, and exagerated statements don't make for a good debate.

I don't remember calling myself an uber 1337 C hacker. If I did, I appologize. The most stuff I know on game programming is what I read in the Source SDK and Wolfenstein: ET source code, other than hardnrg's opinions on it, as he's getting/has a Masters in Game Programming. And yes, most of the stuff I know is courtesy of links at Free Programming Resources.com, books I've read, and markiemrboo's assistance.

Now, back on subject:

After reading that EA is a big rival of Vivendi, I also had to hand it to Valve :D. Great way to kick that monopoly in the nuts.