Gaming Rig Buildup! Please Advise!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on that post about the Corsair XMS PC3200 that you had posted I should get. Does the TwinX really matter? As I have 1.5 Gigs of Corsair XMS PC3200 That looks identical to those, down to the stickers, its 2X256MB and 1X1024MB chips, I would use those in his system, but thought they werent great for overclocking in my Asus Board with an XP [email protected] ghz.. I cant go beyond 200 mhz freq with out the computer freezing...

Mushkin Redline PC4000. Best ram out right now, period. I keep asking people to show me some TCCD that will do 270+ FSB at 2-2-2-5 like this stuff will. Oh, that's right, there isn't any.

Edited by Nagash

Mushkin Redline PC4000.  Best ram out right now, period.  I keep asking people to show me some TCCD that will do 270+ FSB at 2-2-2-5 like this stuff will.  Oh, that's right, there isn't any.

505230[/snapback]

I'd have to disagree with the ram, but everything else looks great. For serious overclocking the g.skill pc4800 takes the cake - 300mhz+ @ 2.5-3-3-8 is common. Little looser timings, but 30+mhz more then makes up for .5cas. It all depends on the stick really - a good ocing redline that can hold tight timings a bit higher then that will be better then a "dud" g.skill that can only hit 305+using 3cas.

Redline scales as well you know, it isn't locked at 2-2-2-5. And who uses 300 + FSB on a A64 anyway? Not saying that you cannot get there on those CPUs but with any multi in the double digits it isn't going to happen without phase change.

Redline scales as well you know, it isn't locked at 2-2-2-5.  And who uses 300 + FSB on a A64 anyway?  Not saying that you cannot get there on those CPUs but with any multi in the double digits it isn't going to happen without phase change.

505244[/snapback]

Thats why u drop the multi :P . People dont use it becuase most ram cant. I'd MUCH rather have 300x9 then 270x10. Which is possible on air with a well cooled venice.

Thats why u drop the multi :P . People dont use it becuase most ram cant. I'd MUCH rather have 300x9 then 270x10. Which is possible on air with a well cooled venice.

505247[/snapback]

I have seen mixed results when playing with the multi/fsb combos. But yes, you should atleast try different combos and bench them to see what is best in your individual rig.