Pentium 4 Engineering Sample

hey does anybody know how to get an engineering sample P4 with an unlocked multiplier? I want something that can be overclocked like a mofo and I have heard that P4's can do it but I need one with an unlocked multiplier...

so if anyone could hook me up with some info that would be awesome

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh..the fabled engineering sample....or as i call them the Pentium 4 Extra Special cpu....yes...they are extremely hard to get ahold of legally....i sugges you stick with AMD's FX series for an unlocked multiplier

apparently you arent very serious about this or you would be on ebay right now :lol: Ive seen SEVERAL go on ebay, mostly back when i was running a P4 looking to uprade...

Yeah ok nothing on Ebay :lol: (or badly named auctions...)

Edited by cchalogamer

you want on the list? you better be able to provide a DARN good reason why you should even be considered.

Then comes the NDA, and with it the chance that the chip will only be a "loaner" and you'll have X number of days before you have to ship it back... or they burn your house down. the NDA on intel's side is also specific about NOT overclocking the chips, while AMD almost encourages it.

and once you're on that list... you may not get anything for a long time. I've been on that list almost 2 years now. 18months of which I got NOTHING out of them. in 6 months 4 chips that were all loaners. In the year I've been on the AMD list, 37 chips, 5 motherboards. much better to work with :).

one of my friends gets engineering samples as i guess he tests stuff for intel or something...he gets tons of like free parts from some budget that his group is given for buying hardware(after they test it)

something like that..i tried to convince him to get me an x850 :D heh