Hardcore

jbarnes

Pennywise is one of my favorites along with NOFX. The Subhumans jam also, they've been around for about 25 years, they came out with a live album last year it rocks(live in a dive). www.fatwreck.com has a great collection of bands too.

I've been listening to hardcore/punk since the early 80's like Dead Kennedy's Exploited, G.B.H., Bad Religion, .... I used to hang out at St Andrews hall in Detroit every week watching shows, too many to list.

I cant stand all this new music coming out these days like Coldplay, Linkin Park....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind the music itself

but really the people is what pisses me off

especially these hardcore dancers who feel its a sport worthy of the olympics

It is funny to watch them jump around like sexually confused semi braindead ninjas

But they get annoying when they try to see how close they can get to people and end up kicking you in the face which has happened to me I saw the kid coming but refused to move

Also at the shows you see some weird people like the very gothic ones with the fish nets and crap some people seem to have issues maybe im just too closed minded either way I dont care

502708[/snapback]

I dance, and I don't think it's a sport? If you don't want to get hit, get out of the way, pretty simple.. or join in.. if we hit you, more than likely we won't care if you hit us back..

I myself am not gothic, I don't really care how people look, but they do look pretty silly..

and I know warped isnt hardcore.. but in kc there were a few local hardcore bands playing it'

-bloody, I like metal and hardcore.. I don't associate myself with either, and to a lot of people it is a trend, to a few it's more, its been around a while and though its slowly dying like everything else, will probably be around a few more years

there are some kids around me that take hardcore dancing serious

and I mean serious Like if I said what I said before around them theyd wanna fight over it

I dont mind if they get close to the crowd but this kid did a running jump kick into the crowd and I just really didnt feel like moving

Im sure if I had decked this kid back he would have idk cried or something because he came up to me after and wanted to give me a hug and I just found that a lil odd

Idk but people areound here are jerks in general like most the shows are at skateparks and theres open sessions while the bands play and If a board comes anywhere near the crowd someone just picks it up and chucks it at a wall or at the ground you know if it broke no one would own up to it now some kids out 50$

It might not be like that around you

Guest Jeremy
im not into hardcore. it reminds me too much of emo, which i hate

497364[/snapback]

Same here.

I listen to classic rock (e.g. zeppelin, AC/DC, hendrix, etc.)

The whole hardcore "scene" has its nice tight fit exclusive group and set of rules. Something about a bunch of little 120lb. kids in girls pants that think their the toughest thing in the world annoys me to death. Come on girls pants what are you doing? I listen to a ton of different kinds of music but even for the kinds I don't like I usually respect for some aspect of it but this is a musical trend I can't find a thing about to like. Lyrics are very bland and sometimes make no sense at all. The music is really nothing special and the singing is just skill less screaming. And the fact they just use the name "Hardcore" to describe the music is pretty lame within its self.

http://2005.mis-one.com/forum/dload.php?ac...file&file_id=82

A good introduction to the "Hardcore" scene.

You think hardcore is weak because you haven't seen any real shows... If you ever drop by an FSU show I'm not sure you'll like it, but you'll at least have a bit more respect for it..

Listen to the words of older underoath, sinai beach, or as i lay dying.. tell me theyre not weak..

You think hardcore is weak because you haven't seen any real shows... If you ever drop by an FSU show I'm not sure you'll like it, but you'll at least have a bit more respect for it..

Listen to the words of older underoath, sinai beach, or as i lay dying.. tell me theyre not weak..

503447[/snapback]

I've heard plenty of Underoath and As I Lay Dying and have not found anything appealing about them. And as far as real shows I live in Chicago and and theres plenty of "hardcore" shows around us but the its the same stupid bands and the same stupid kids. As far as good shows the Street Brats/ Flatfoot 56/ Adicts show I went to in Logan Square none of those "hardcore" shows can hold a candle.

• 3 weeks later...

I listen to alot of hardcore

On broken wings, poison the well,hopesfall, atreyu, Throwdown, Theirs alot up near Ky, especially in Cincy which i guess is just 45 min away but yeah alot of small conventions