Das Uber Overclock

Well, I plan on getting a job soon... and my goal is to do the following:

1. Buy a Mach II.

2. Buy a good 939 mobo, and get it volt modded.

3. Buy a 939 proc...

And then OC the hell out of the fugger. My goal is to hit 3.5-4Ghz (in my dreams...), within a year.

My chances? And yes, I will try getting someone else to voltmod the board. This thing's gonna need ALOT of vcore...

It's more about bragging rights, and having an OC competition with my brother when he gets back from Iraq.

EDIT: And in the unlikely event that I DOUBLE the speed of an FX-55... well, there's 11 Ghz performance for ya :D. FOLDING UTOPIA!

EDIT2: And the biggest thing is to have it fold. My grandfather's life was crushed when my grandmother died due to vascular bronchitus. If it means spending all my earnings on a 1337 setup to help contribute just a little bit more to cancer research, crap, I'll do it. Plus, I'll get a nice performance gain.

Good luck! I have two of those 3 things done, and am seriously considering going phase with a different cpu(dang cold bugs) and making a dedicated watercooled tec loop for my gpu. I can make the wc/tec setup for around 200bucks(less if I scrounge ;)), but phase change is gonna put a big dent in my pocket...or, more likely, a credit card :lol:

Hope you succeed - and maybe someday I will too!