My 6800 Ultra Back From Rma

i got my 6800ultra back from RMA yesterday, and just got my Tagan v2 480W today. (i waited til today to hook up my 6800u) and well, so far, my 6800ultra runs about 8

Edited by HoLoDreaM

If they sent you a replacement card, it simply may not clock as high as the previous one. As for the sideband addressing, I've always left mine on, but maybe turning it off in the BIOS might help.

wow i got about a 5 degree drop in idle temps just by taking the card apart and tightening down the screws that held the core and memory heatsinks down, they were loose anyway, i didnt overtighten, i just tightened them until they stopped a bit,.. im idling at like 54-56

Edited by HoLoDreaM

If you're concerned about the error you can just delete that line from the log and save it, and then check if it comes back. I think the logs do stay from last installations though, and you should be fine. Overclocking video cards is so much fun :D

the reason i have yet to buy the nv silencer is kuz it voids the warranty.. dont you have to cut out some of the mounting bracket with a dremel or something?

if i did get the nv silencer. and for some reason i had to RMA it again, would i be able to put the stock back as if nothing was ever changed perfectly?

btw: im running 53

the reason i have yet to buy the nv silencer is kuz it voids the warranty.. dont you have to cut out some of the mounting bracket with a dremel or something?

if i did get the nv silencer. and for some reason i had to RMA it again, would i be able to put the stock back as if nothing was ever changed perfectly?

btw: im running 53

hm... that and an artic silver 5..... tempting... :) .... ill look into it... ill be getting better OC's too! w00t

prom pics of the nv silenver 5.. it looks like u need a pci slot cover taken out so it can exhaust air, rather than having to cut out the mounting bracket.... and the whole setup of the cooler is MUCH better, the fan would be on the inside of my case where my front 120mm & a little bit of my 80mm blow onto.. it would get directly cold air, and then exhaust all the heat out the back lowering the ambient temp, which also in turn would lower the card temp more... i like it :)

After having 3 6800s die, I will not use any video card without lapping the heatsink and replacing the thermal compound before intalling it.

I did this to my latest card and it's lasted longer than the previous 3 combined.