Best 478 Oc Mobo For Prescot

Weldzilla pretty much slammed the door on 478 boards when dealing with Northwoods.

So, is the answer the same for a Prescott chip ?

What is the best overclocking 478 Mother Board if you are overclocking a P4 e chip.

CPU_Cooker

If it has a 3 digit number, it is 775, but the E is available in 478. Lots of guys have them P4 3.0e.

I just got through upgrading my last Dell 8200. It is not a Dell any more, thank goodness.

But it has a P4 2.66 / 533 northwood non hyperthreaded CPU, so I am thinking about upgrading the upgrade. It has a DFI I865 board. I added a Raptor and it can't find it if I up the FSB, even if I use the 66/33 lock.

I had the 2.66 running at 3.20 until I got the Raptor, which despite the FSB fall back, the Raptor makes all the difference.

So, now I am thinking either a new P4 3.0e or a New Mobo, or maybe both ($$$eeK) But as soon as you say both, then you start thinking 775 or 939 and it gets complicated.

CPU_Cooker

I have a 2.8e running on a Abit IC7-MAXIII (sig) and I have gotten a pretty good OC on air cooling. 3.8 I think is the max so far, with stable at 3.5.

As for the Northwood, i think that we have the exact same chip. Got mine out of a Dell 4600 :). I just bought an ABIT AI7 Socket 478 Intel 865PE off of newegg and am in the process of OC' ing it with that chip. On the dell HS(air), i have gotten a stable OC of 3.15 so far.

So i would reccomend waiting on spending lots of money and just get a new board for the existing chip and OC'ing the transistors out of it!

Hienrich

Guest Silenc3

New people give me the crap :withstupid:

Best 478 mobo for an E chip IMO is the IG7- max3, threw a 3.2e witht that board for the woman, works like a charm at 3.83ghz stable.

:unsure: uh...is weldzilla in the house???? lol

i have not really had the chance of messin with a pressie....but i would guess either a

dfi 875 lanparty pro...or abit max 3

what do you think weldzilla?