Upcomming New Psu Mod

:lol: lol you make me laugh rath.Yes i did it myself, as i write this i was going to order that elusive weld-on glue impossible to buy from canada. Shipping alone is $16 so 16 for the glue 16 for shipping lol. Back to the casing, it's easy enough just cut 4 pieces 4 inches wide and 2 -5 inches, i did 18 inckes for all in lenth (i used the lenth of my case) and you'll have an hex case at least same as this one.

As for the electric bill, these will total close to 2 Kw, but i dont think i'll use that much. Same for yours, most psu aren't taxed to the max, we use around half not talking about the very lit ones :lol::lol:;)

Btw i've tried green uv reactive chameleon springs over the chromed sleeving(upper right corner last pic) but it looked a bit much, we'll see <_<

The meshing looked not bad, maybe uv green loll

Edited by kobalt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting there looking at it (last pic upper post) and i really think it would look better with the old stainless steel shower hose.One thing for sure it'll be easier to work with :lol: the shower hose gives it a more matrix squiddy look, and i'll be able to cross them over like car headders.

I did the bigger half see if it looked better, what do you guys think?

It's not going to stay in that position, but it's just so you can give me your 2 bits

Thnx for any input. ;)

(I,m also trying mesh to fill it in a bit more you see a piece that i've painted UV green on one of the pics, i'll show you more of that later.)

Ps00.jpg

Edited by kobalt

the shower hose must stay looks very nice. one thing though make sure all the power supplies are grounded, and i would be carfull if you are thinking abotu wireing them in series/parallel as iv heard of them giving feedback to each other. but if they are grounded it shoudl be fine :D mey maybe you could use the stainless shower hsoe to ground it all?

About the grounding bit, i've been working with 2 psu for a while now and they share the same ground the only purpose of the shared ground is to shut down both ps in case of a short in any of the twowhile the green is to power up both

in this the ground is shared by the alu plate and the plate will be grounded to the ground pin in the psu plug (wall plug)

Thechnically the current will not come up the wires if theres a grounding point like if you have a "Y" connection with hoses the water will not come up the other branch as long as the end is open with the exception that electricity is not a fluid and the size of the wire dont matter (to a certain point) in which a psu cant give enough juice to overflow the ground (plug) wire and backup in the other branches:P

I have to tell you that that same question bugged me for a while when i wanted to add another psu to my system till i found the answer :P

Edited by kobalt

well just amkign sure you know, because a firend of mine tried that and pooched both his PSU's and his mobo :(  GOOD LUCK!

479387[/snapback]

Well i really hope this dosn't happends to me loll :lol:

lol sure hope you didnt get those shower hoses from your bathtub :P

480473[/snapback]

Loll :lol: actually, the one i have in the bathtub is a lot cheaper than the one i use in the psu My girlfriend is on my case cause it's been a year since i was supposed to change it for something new cause it's the white(yellowy)rubber plastic one that we have lolll :lol: and i use (cut into pieces)the best S/S strechable ones for the ps.