Upcomming New Psu Mod

You know how it is when you work on a new mod lol

This is what i'm working on these days, a 4 PSU power supply.

It'll be in a hexagonal plexiglass casing (what else lol) the lenth of the case(18 inches) and will house close to 2Kw of power with 2- 550W 1- 400 and 1- 450W that will run the motherboard alone. In fact all of these will have their own job mobo,drives,lights or fans.

It'll be a while till i get this baby on top of my case but when i'm done it will have a junction box at the end and all wires will plug into the case itself not into the devices cause drives,motherboard, lights etc. will all be wired to a plate where you usually plug the PSU.

I,m not sure of that part yet, i mostly wing it like the wireing job ahead of me lol :lol:

These are all generics but with good rails, especially the one that will run the mobo, it has been tested and was on my previous system for close to 2 years. I completely trust it,I did a bit of work on the heat sinks and there's more to come, 2 UV ccfl's will be added, the wires will be chrome sleeved and that will be close to 20 FT of sleeving lol and a lot more stuff as i said i'm winging it lol

Btw i'm looking for weld-on #16 here in canada if anyone knows a canadian store where i can order it please tell (they dont ship that glue from the states) hazardous bullsh.. <_<

Wish me luck :P

psu.jpg

PSUmod.jpg

ps.jpg

Ps.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thnx guys ;) but as i said there's a lot of work left and i'm on a very strict budget but i'll put my last dime in it so i can finish this mod as soon as i can :D

Good gawd, that is a monster. Hope you have justification for all that Power.

475854[/snapback]

/quote]

Nope, that's what's nice about modding, it dosn't need a justification lol :lol:

lol kobalt and his fetish for acrylic stuff!

hey looks freakin genious

are you gonna run that fanless because id hate to have all those 80mms running

and what you need 2k watt of power for? powering something besides your computer like an atom bomb?!

lol kobalt and his fetish for acrylic stuff!

hey looks freakin genious

are you gonna run that fanless because id hate to have all those 80mms running

and what you need 2k watt of power for? powering something besides your computer like an atom bomb?!

475907[/snapback]

:lol: no, no bomb i kinda did it for the heck of it i got the idea from peoples here everyone's telling everybody they need a bigger psu as i said earlier a couple of years back a 550W was completely nuts and peoples asked are you going to power your entire block with it loll now it seems a must for a regular system

As for the cooling part i didn't think about that yet :blink:

But i dont intend to hook up anything special to it and i dont think peoples are going to need 2 Kwatts very soon i just do it for the mod it's going to look great :D

Edited by kobalt