Strike Two, Woman

Kamikaze_Badger

Maybe get her to us M$ anti spyware.  it's made by M$ (haha bs) so it must be great for use with IE *nudge**nudge*

473970[/snapback]

Don't bash it till you've tried it.

It's actually really good. I figure, who knows the inner workings of Windows than the programmers who made? In that case, then who better to know when something is astray?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FxXP
Don't bash it till you've tried it.

It's actually really good. I figure, who knows the inner workings of Windows than the programmers who made? In that case, then who better to know when something is astray?

473992[/snapback]

Microsoft didn't make that program, they bought Giant Software sometime ago and rebadged the product. This time they did it the legal way instead of stealing Norton's programming back in DOS 6.2.

pull something critical from her computer and tell her it was IE's fault

473986[/snapback]

Good idea :P

I think that Ad-Aware pro a an option that monitor your computer so spywares can't be intalled/dl. Might be the solution...

i seriously don't get why people are mad at IE... I mean sure they crash once in a month. so?

This is so interesting. What browser did you guys use to download Firefox??? i bet most of you will say IE....

Try this:

Download Firefox and use the IE icon, and rename it IE just tell her there was an update and she will never know the difference.

Download Bonzibudy and use it until she is to annoyed to use the computer. (This one worked with my brothers) :)

lol 2 evil ways

well i am a big fan of IE alternatives...... BUT the biggest flaw in firefox would be the lack of support for active-X control. yea sure about every virus that can use active-X does. but i have a ton of sites that use it and i have to switch to IE just to do what ever i was on that site for. like yahoo launch. i feel that because of IE's larger user base and the dumber people that have IE it makes for the perfect breeding ground for hacks and anything else. i dont know if firefox or other alternatives will ever get the respect they deserve and have site making their code for IE and alternatives. but i feel it is goin in the right direction

i seriously don't get why people are mad at IE... I mean sure they crash once in a month. so?

This is so interesting. What browser did you guys use to download Firefox??? i bet most of you will say IE....

475119[/snapback]

lets see on laptop first dl was firefox and yes i Had to use IE

on fresh reinstall of win xp on this rig i set up my network first grabbed firefox off another comp and still havent launched the horrid ie on this comp thank god

Im assuming you have a router with QoS. If you do, just priortize her computer so its low and your computer so its high... then when she goes on a rant about spyware, you tell her to fix it since shes obviouslly the expert... "she handeled the issue well last time"

And just refuse to help her, make her take it to professionals...

well i am a big fan of IE alternatives...... BUT the biggest flaw in firefox would be the lack of support for active-X control. yea sure about every virus that can use active-X does. but i have a ton of sites that use it and i have to switch to IE just to do what ever i was on that site for. like yahoo launch. i feel that because of IE's larger user base and the dumber people that have IE it makes for the perfect breeding ground for hacks and anything else. i dont know if firefox or other alternatives will ever get the respect they deserve and have site making their code for IE and alternatives. but i feel it is goin in the right direction

475124[/snapback]

There are builds out there that DO have active X support. it's a switch in the .mozconfig which makes the official builds not use it. but if you have a C compiler, you can make your own build with active x support