Finished Graphics Card

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, 500mhz is my mark :D. The card is incredibly cool...the hs barely gets above my case temps - and no, thats not from being seated incorrectly :P(no shim ;)). Oh, and I just realized what lego was talking about...thought he ment a backplate, but its those big bracket things zalman has. It doesnt need one. Now, I wouldnt move the case around jolting it, but the card is wide, and the backplate distributes the weight pretty good. I also have the old school screw type pci brackets instead of those newer tool-less clips, so I just kinda eased the card up a litle and tightened the screw tight to hold it.

this is what you ment, right?

yeah, thats it ;)

460263[/snapback]

Yea, the gpu is spaced roughly in the middle, so I dont think weight is that much of an issue. I'm happy with the oc I got, and right now I'm on page 4 of all 9800pros in 3d2k3(6856).

Once I vmod it, I wanna go for 3rd, maybe 2nd page. Right now I'm thinking of the best way to actively cool my ramsinks, because my ram maxes out at about 385mhz without active cooling...my side panel is pointed more towards my mobo ram and (incidentaly) the heatpipes on my xp-90. I'm sure the card needs a little move volts to really come to life, as the range between zero artifacts and instant freeze is about 10mhz ;)

ah, alrighty then..

[offtopic] markiemrboo, what the hell are you still awake for? [/offtopic]

460290[/snapback]

lol cause my sleeping habits are screwed. I was up till 8am uhm.. yesterday/this morning, so I probly won't sleep till 9/10am tonight :)

Well if you get your 500MHz on the core and you get the RAM up a bit... you should be on page 1 or 2? :) There's some cheating bastard on there tho, 20k in 3dmark03 with a 9800 pro lol..

460284[/snapback]

Lmao, yea I saw him too. I assume its another card with a modded bios w/ wrong name string. *sigh* lame bastards ruin everyones fun :P. I'm about to start testing differnt drivers/versions to see If I can break 7k - I'm currently using the omega 2.6's. I think i'll ask tbone which ones bench better...I havent been on top of the whole driver scene lately, I think first I'll check the newest catalyst first...being futuremark approved would be a nice bonus ;)

Lmao, yea I saw him too. I assume its another card with a modded bios w/ wrong name string. *sigh* lame bastards ruin everyones fun :P. I'm about to start testing differnt drivers/versions to see If I can break 7k - I'm currently using the omega 2.6's. I think i'll ask tbone which ones bench better...I havent been on top of the whole driver scene lately, I think first I'll check the newest catalyst first...being futuremark approved would be a nice bonus ;)

460301[/snapback]

Dunno about that. When I did a compare thing, the only thing it was beating me on was battle of proxycon.. where he was somehow getting like 400FPS :)

soz for kijack :)

2 mrboo:

ok... that's a little strange. I'm finishing (lol - nowhere near) coursework that should be in tuesday... and i feel strange already (1:20am gmt)

-_-

460310[/snapback]

lol kijack. I can tell you're tired already! :rolleyes: I still aint back at Uni till.. thursday I think :D