Briefcase Updates!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol :D Actually, I do have lots of Uni work I should probably be doing, and revision! I have 3 bits of coursework to finish off because of the early easter break, then 2 weeks after we're back it's straight in to exams :(

The briefcase only cost me like

I had an idea of doing something like this, and im glad to see someone went about doing it :)

my idea was to some how get like 3 foot cables though to reposition the ports and have them stick out the back but not with a backplate, if anyone has any clue what i mean by that let me know lol

I had an idea of doing something like this, and im glad to see someone went about doing it :)

my idea was to some how get like 3 foot cables though to reposition the ports and have them stick out the back but not with a backplate, if anyone has any clue what i mean by that let me know lol

454527[/snapback]

:) It's kinda hard work so far lol. My hands are all screwed up from doing it, hurt like buggery they do.. but it's worth it.

I just finished enlarging my backplate part. Take a look now :) I'm kinda impressed, whatcha think?? I did slip a bit but still... :)

post-65191-12870088246762_thumb.jpg

Next up... PSU plug/fan holes *CRIES*

MILESTONE! :

Woohoo! I cut out a big hole for the PSU fan/power plug. It's still roughed up because I was desperate to power it up :D But.. its nice and quiet with the briefcase closed (no hard drives yes though. So, here's a couple more pics!!!

The BIOS screen (no hard disk so it searched the network...)

The (rather rough) PSU fan/power ... hole

post-7112-12870374580785_thumb.jpg

Now, I do realise there's many unused screwholes there, I originally drilled the holes with the PSU the normal way around but discovered the 20 pin connector wouldn't reach, so I had to redo it screwed in upside down :lol:

I am gonna try and get some nice black tape to tape over all the hole edges, so you can't see the wood. Next things to do are slightly easier :) Gotta cut the case fan hole in the top (chipboard), remove the LCD from the server and cut a hole for that, cut some LED holes and finally.... make a grounding wire from the motherboard to the PSU :) Oh, and drill a couple of holes for the hard disks.. or come up with some other ingenius way of mounting them!

Ok, before I go cutting... does this look alright? The blue thing would be the LCD (I think it'll fit there), orange LEDs are the network lights and the big red circle is the multicoloured 80mm fan. Comments???

hmm, looks ok :)

Just one question, why did you cut a big hole in the Case to allow for the top of the NETwork Cards to stick out?

When it would have been one hell of alot easier to either cut done the back plates, or if you dont want to cut thet plates, to take them off altogther.

LCD placemnt looks kool :) But I would put the LEDs closer 2gether personaly, but thats more a personal thing :)

So have you got a Power button yet? :P (+ Power LeDs etC)

hmm, looks ok :)

Just one question, why did you cut a big hole in the Case to allow for the top of the NETwork Cards to stick out?

When it would have been one hell of alot easier to either cut done the back plates, or if you dont want to cut thet plates, to take them off altogther.

LCD placemnt looks kool :) But I would put the LEDs closer 2gether personaly, but thats more a personal thing :)

So have you got a Power button yet? :P (+ Power LeDs etC)

454675[/snapback]

I cut the hole for the network cards in the top because... the lid won't close otherwise :P Also, it helps keep them fairly stable (they actually don't wobble about much at all!) since I have no place to screw them down.

I can't have the LEDs closer than what I drew in the picture, simply because the LCD's PCB is pretty big :P

lol no power button yet. I need to dig it out from underneath the bed.

I want one! :)

454681[/snapback]

haha! My mum said that.. I had two words for her :)

Looking good markie! I have seen it done before with a briefcase and I just think these mod's are fascinating so keep us informed ;)

454684[/snapback]

Thanks! I will cut out the fan/LCD stuff tomorrow if you think it's alright looking. I should be able to get a small webcam video clip of the network lights/pics :)

humm i still havent progressed in the last month with my project, one rocky boot box + 650mhz duron = one really odd PC lol. oh well idk yet but ill prob never get around to doing it.