Which Pump For This W/c Setup?

zigen

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the sake of comparison at about 5ft of tubing (not unreasonable especially in a full size tower, like the PC-75) the DD D4 pump pumps almost twice the gph of the Hydor L35.

444880[/snapback]

yeaH THE L35 IS GOOD BUT ITS LIKE 10.00 LESS ON DANGERDEN WEBPAGE AND THE RELAY IS CHEAPER THERE TOO

looks like the L35 is in the best interest of most people, and im starting to wonder why i didnt get one in the first place :P

i think zigen found his pump :)

hmm,

isn the L35 dc, so there isnt really a need for a relay

and higher the gph doesnt mean much

i had a pump that had 315 gph....but i didnt see that it only pumped max 1ft of head, while this other 185gph pump did 6ft lol

That's what I am saying, the L35 doesn't pump nearly so much gph once it gets over 2 feet or so of head. Also the L35 is AC so you would either need a relay or just run the cord into the wall and turn it off yourself.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_pumps_...ads.asp?CartId=

I am using the 1250 on this link its been running since around april 2003 but there are bigger ones there also. I have a 1900 GPM or hour I can not remember upstairs that I was going to use to cool 2 or 3 system it has 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" outlet but I never got around to using it.

who the heck has two feet or more of vertical tube coming off the pump.........the head is measured vertially, the Hydor's can pump at like an 8-10f head vertically, but if the hose is bent around up and down, left and right, it's not an issue

road runner, i think that 1900 Liters per hour not gallons per minute, 1,900 gallons per minute.......no, the Hydor L35 is 1,700 Liters per hour, so that Enheim is like 350 gallons per hour

I am not sure it has 2 big opening heres a picture of it with a smaller pump in there beside it and check valves so if one pump quit it would still get water but I never finished the water cooling project, I just went with a air condition room and air cooling except the EE