Amd, Retail Or Oem

Guest Raven65

Which one would you choose?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose?

• Retail
    • OEM

Well with 3yr and havign the stock HSF you can always say you were using it when the CPU fried, then AMD cant say, well you wernt using an approved by AMD HSF. But usually if teh chip is gonan fry either you installed it stupidly, fedd it an ungodly amount of volts over time, or it was just a bad chip and AMD should replace ti if it was. Its really your choice. Ive bought one OEM CPU b4 (not counting the used 2.66P4 i bought) and ive hadzero problems. Usually he wost thing packaging wise to worry about would be bent pins, and if that happens or its DOA you send ti back no big deal as long as you get ti from a godo dealer liek neweeg/zipzoomfly/monarch

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those box coolers can go to the top model of the core so its just fine for me as above top model for that core needs more volts and probly some watercooling, unless i have W/c i dont need a bigger more pain in the butt Fan/heatsink to try to put on my board (they usally dont fit well)

/vote retail

$Reason = 'costs about 10$ more but it comes wiht a longer warenty, and is in a more secure package, i buy all my procs OEM, and they come with a neat HS to mod into ramsinks!';

i go with OEM for myself, simply for the cheaper price so i can spend the extra on better cooling. But if i'm building a basic system for a friend who isn't interested in ocing or anything, then I get the retail so id on't have to buy a separate heatsink/fan.

the warranty i don't think matters that much, if it's gonna fail, it'll probably do so in the first year anyway.

Guest Raven65

I think, I'll go with retail. Why not. Considering the money I'm spending to upgrade my system what's another few bucks.

Thanks,

Raven

i dont get out the company can tell if ur overclocked it anyway.. ur mobo & bios saves the OC data not ur processor.. its not like they could throw it in a mobo and see it OC'd... how do they know u OCd it? so the warranty would still be good

I always get retail, no matter what. I dont like the thought that I have a $200+ investment that can be thrown away from a stupid mistake. Come on... who actually is honest if thye fry their chip, act stupid!