I Have Given Up!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if that dosnt work enable 2t comand and see how far you can push it if you can get more out of the ram you know it is either your board or cpu i dont think it is the board i think it might be the cpu if it wont go any further with 2T you know it is your ram

Edited by confuzzedintelguy

Welll.... could be the CPU, maybe. Lowered the CPU multi to 8x to try get rid of the CPU as a factor and it did one pass of test 8 at 270, 2.5-4-4-8. It's now doing a second pass. Bit early to tell .. 40% the way through... 50%.....60%.....70%........80%... 90%...100%! First time it's done two passes of test 8 without error at 270, so maybe I have a bit of a flakey chip... I'm gonna see if I can make 280 :)

EDIT 3 passes at 270, had to wait and make sure... time to try 280!

Well, 280, 2.5-4-4-8 with an 8x multi (cpu = 2.2ghz) .. wouldn't pass test 8, 280, 2.5-4-4-8 with a 7x multi (cpu = 2ghz) = pass at test 8. It's very obviously just some sort of memory controller issue me thinks :)

I have noticed that on both occasions the memory bandwidth in memtest seems to be around 2600MB/s, and when it fails it's always been around 2700-2800MB/s, so it could also be linked to that somehow.

But, 280 is passing now.. so I think I may have to go sandra that just to see what I get... I'll play with dividers later to see how high the CPU will actually go :)

INTERESTING? UPDATE: Failed at 290x7, which is only 2GHz on the CPU.. which I know it can do. Memtest bandwidth was again >2700MB/s so I think it could be something to do with the RAM's PCB actually :) So, as long as I keep around 2600MB/s I should be OK.. time to test that theory out :)

I have sold my old chip/heatsink/board/1gb bh-5 to my cousin :) But, I have had to use the money I am gonna get from that to help pay for the upgrade to A64 :)

UPDATE: settled at 260x9 = 2.3Ghz @ 1.45v for now. RAM 1:1, 2.5-4-4-8 @ 2.55v. Gotta do some work/gaming etc, see if that's proper stable. Think I will leave it like this for a week now, as I know my CPU is crap.. not sure it's actually gonna do much higher without slowing down me RAM somewhat.. and I want fast RAM :)

Yeah I did. Didn't seem to do alot :)

But, I just got my screen go blank CS crash type thing... when I went back to using my NF7 for a while I got a slight pause once, but it didn't do the black screen thing. Hmm.

I am pretty sure it aint the CPU/RAM/Motherboard now though, asss... it appears to prime properly and everything with the new RAM... guess I should be looking back at my PSU for that issue! Or.. drivers, or maybe the graphics card itself :-O