I Have Given Up!

Me? :) Mine looks like it's working now though :P I was just writing down my current settings ready to try 2.6v :)

EDIT: Well, seems like you're absolutely right! It's passing memtest at 250, 2.5-4-4-7 with 2.64v. Is 2.73v ok to run? Cause basically .. I turned my vdimm pot right down and it was 2.73v and then set it to 2.6v in BIOS. I would rather leave BIOS at 'auto', which with the vdimm mod turned right down is 2.73v. aaand I got 2 errors on test 8, so it might need a little more voltage anyway, or does that mean it wants LESS volts? :lol: it seems unnatural that it runs at 2.6v ...

UPDATE: OOOK TCCD is some seriously weird RAM. Put it at 2.5v and I gots no errors in test 8 now, but I guess it'd want 2.6v for around 280, right? This is like... the reverse of BH-5, need to do an anti-vdimm mod to try get as close to 0.1v as possible :lol: !! But yeah, passed test 8 so i'll give it a couple of full loops now.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so right about the less volts = better. What a star!!! Have a cookie!! My CPU appeared to need more volts around 270MHz FSB, it wouldn't boot properly, so I lowered it to 260, which gives me 2.3GHz .. and bumped up the vcore 0.5v just to make sure. Priming at 1.45v on the vcore and 2.55v on the vdimm... i'll be over the moon if it's good at these settings.

:lol: this is a CBBID. It seemed to do 2.2GHz at stock voltage OK, but my experience before was that once it got to around 2.3GHz it started really needing the volts to get any higher. For example, I needed 1.65v at 2.5GHz just to be able to boot to windows before. However, that could have been something crazy going on with the RAM. I hope so...

Seems to be doing Prime OK, so i'll try bumping it up some more in a mojo :)

6,700MB/s in Sandra at the minute. I think I am on the right tracks :)

:lol: ut oh!! 6,700 is huge to me :) Not that it seems to actually make much difference. I still can't feel any kinda performance increase between this and my AXP really :)

EDIT: Now gonna try 270MHz, which is 2.4GHz on the CPU. It's booting with the same 1.45v vcore but... gotta wait till memtest finishes to test out the actual CPU with prime and all that.

Memtest bandwidth went up by like 200MB/s ish from 260-270 though! 2800MB/s now, was around 2600MB/s a minute ago :D Wonder if it'll be stable... hmm, same 2.55v

trust me you may not be able to now but as soon as you use it more it will hit you i felt the same way when i got my P4 but after like a week it hit me right in that face *wow this is fast lol*

EDIT: nice you got the best CBBID i have seen man lol

Edited by confuzzedintelguy

haha! I'll look out for a giant fist coming towards my fast at super light speed :D and i'll dodge it just in time cause i'm so leet, of course!

lol yeah it's a bit weird. i'm pretty sure it'll start crapping up around about 2.4ghz though. I got a single error at 270 with 2.55v, so.. i'll see what 2.65v does for me I guess :)

EDIT: ha, 2.65v gave me 19 errors. So... stuck again now. Does this mean it wants less voltage still? Eek!

Not bad at all :D I'll try 2.73v or whatever it set it to.. just for kicks

:lol: nopes, musta hit some sort of limit. Could twiddle with the timings I suppose, but CAS 2.5 was kinda the highest I wanted to go