I Have Given Up!

AH! I see :) Thanks for clearing up the RAM voltage thing!

I did disable it. I've been playing with it on and off and I don't notice any difference, so I have no idea what it actually does. I'll leave it on normal though :)

Only 2.7v though? Patriots specs rate it to 2.95v for it's maximum rated speed? I'll have to play around with it and see what works, what doesn't :) Doubt i'll do much at the weekend. Might go drive somewhere just because I can now :D Well.... just about! It'll be like, my first drive about totally on my own.. so if you don't hear from me for weeks I probably got lost somewhere lol.

Yeah anyway, graphics card seems a bit slower but that could be because I was running at 2.4GHz last time and I am "only" at 2.1GHz so far. Or it might just be cause I need to format, but I can't be bothered formatting right now :D

EDIT: confuzzed just got banned?????

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol naw they wouldnt ban me its just my member title :P its nice to know it works :P anywho i know but i run my PDP at 2.6v and it will do 280MHz 1:1 so you really dont need much voltage i know it sounds funny like right now i have my gskill TCCD at 290 1:1 2.5-4-3-8 timings with only 2.6v trust me you dont need much ;)

Only 2.7v though? Patriots specs rate it to 2.95v for it's maximum rated speed? I'll have to play around with it and see what works, what doesn't :)

434601[/snapback]

good plan... my advice would be to use memtest loop 5 *only* (because it's hardcore) and try out 2.55v, 2.6v, 2.65v, and 2.7v...

mine likes 2.6v the most... but also i think it died because it doesn't go above 220MHz anymore (maybe from giving it 2.85v which is supposed to overvolt to 2.95v)... and an RMA takes a month, and i don't have any spare ram :(

boo hoo!

good plan... my advice would be to use memtest loop 5 *only* (because it's hardcore) and try out 2.55v, 2.6v, 2.65v, and 2.7v...

mine likes 2.6v the most... but also i think it died because it doesn't go above 220MHz anymore (maybe from giving it 2.85v which is supposed to overvolt to 2.95v)... and an RMA takes a month, and i don't have any spare ram :(

boo hoo!

434701[/snapback]

I disagree with looping test 5. When I first put it in it could loop test 5 fine (more than once, wasn't just a one off situation), but if it went from test 1 through to test 5 it would fail. I'll give it full passes :P It especially seems to like failing on test 8, so i'll probably give it a couple of loops of that before I go through a full loop.

It won't go above 220MHz no matter what timings/voltage :( ?? You could always do what Greg does... go out and buy some brand spanky new RAM and either:

• sell it when you get your patriot back (if it's worse)
  • sell the patriot (if the spanky ram is better) :D

Just waiting for the hair to dry, so it doesn't dry all screwed up, then i'm gonna try out the 2.6v stuffs :)