I Have Given Up!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe :D I'm sure it'll be alright.. maybe. Wish me luck. It'll be here tomorrow I think sooo, i'll let you know ASAP! The RAM is currently in the 'Processing Queue'. I think if it's dispatched before 5:30pm it'll make it by tomorrow. It's now 4:43pm..

I thought I broke the retention plastic frame thing when I was taking it all apart yesterdee, cause it made a big snappy clicky noise. Thankfully I didn't, it was just the noise of the clips coming undone!

I would suggest getting the Gskill PC4400 LA (2-2-2-5) and yes if you have narrowed it down to the A64 not liking your ram then that ram is practically guarunteed to get you somewhere as long as your board and cpu mem controller can make the journey lol :)

433395[/snapback]

NO

/me smacks NERM you know better

this is the gskill rule of thumb

2x256 DDR600 GET THE LA

2x512 DDR550 GET THE LE

now on the PDP road the XBL road is pretty good i was able to take my non XBL upto 280 1:1 it was tccd it had 2.5-4-4-8 timings im sure i could have got it higher good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

Edited by confuzzedintelguy

NO

/me smacks NERM you know better

this is the gskill rule of thumb

2x256 DDR600 GET THE LA

2x512 DDR550 GET THE LE

those are your options thats what you should stick to those two are the best there is the 2x256 LA is about 150 at newegg so they dont cost as much as OCZ, and i would get the gskill because it is speed binned so you know the ram will do the speed you want :)

433795[/snapback]

That seems to be the popular choice. Hey confuzzed, can you hit Nerm again?

yea Holo that is because for some reason here at OCC they set it on the servers so that anything VO gets routed to google.com lol. Why? I don't know lol you would have to ask LP or D3 that one.

/me smacks the hell out of markiemrboo

Oh wait, that's me :)

Well, got me RAM. Nearly screwed up the motherboard putting the vcore idle/load droop mod back on. One of the solder pads... came off!! So I couldn't solder there any more. Tried scraping away and made a nice little hole, saw copper... couldn't solder to that though :) Luckily I was looking at the traces and it looked like I could just solder the other end of my pot to the end of the SMD resistor above it, so I did that and... well, it's working!! Made a bit of a mess, but it's working so I don't give a dang :D It's covered up by glue anyway so it's ok.

As you can see, I made a nice dent which now shows copper. I think if I could get a blob of solder in there it would still be ok anyway but meh :) I ended up doing what I have drawn in that picture instead.

Oh, then I managed to flick the tiny little SMD resistor across the room :D So that was lost for a while. Luckily I found it again :)

Good news so far. It's booting dual channel at 200MHz 2-2-2-5 as the specs say... memtest is going good. So, after a pass it's time to boot windows and try prime!!