Xp 1800+ 78 Degrees C

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it got up to the temperatures i mentioned on the first post, and that was just idling in the BIOS......

and the thing is, the airflow is pretty much set now.

cause the PSU is out, and the fan is where the PSU used to be, which is pretty much right over the heat sink

you know i should mention this...

i have artic silver 3 and 5....both are.....kinda liquidy than what i remember them being when i first got them...like i had to waste some in order to get to the thicker stuff on the inside...

but the heatsink is still hot so...

do you think the AS is to blame? and i should replace it? or is it fine?

EDIT: no actually im not sure that the BIOS is reading false temps BUT..

heatsink is super hot, getting blue screens at windows setup....i think its pretty accurate if those two factors exist

well when you put that capicitor back on did you solder it or just set it there?, cause a capacitor eliminates voltage spikes, and your cpu might be getting too much voltage, and thats why its so hot

well. isnt there a problem with that,

what happends if the solder hits another wire or the bigger problem...

i thought MBs now a days have different levels where electricity flows, so wouldnt the capacitor have to be soldered into a certain level for it to work right?

im really not sure, look at your other capacitors and c where they are soldered at, i would still say that the back would work, cause the whole most likely goes the whole way through, the bus should hit the wire at the appropriate level

Well if the heatsink is getting hot it's doing it's job. If the fan is spinning I'd look at getting that capacitor back on there properly and hoping it hasn't done anything nasty to your CPU, through voltage spikes, like someone else mentioned :)