Occ Charity Programming

Kamikaze_Badger

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I figured that this would be the correct area, seeing as it's about programming...

Anyway, this morning I was thinking about random things, and suddenly the idea hit me: OCC Charity Programming.

It would pretty much be a/some programming project(s) that us programmers could work on, then sell out as shareware or something saying that the funds go to charity to help the tsunami relief.

So, if this sounds like a good idea, first order of buisness:

What program should we make, and how extensive should it be?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit that I like the idea of an OCC built program, but if you ask me, it should be an open source project.... Perhaps a stats program like MBM, or maybe a window to show what's bottlenecking most in what programs you're running... Basically, something to do with OCing and getting better performance ;)

The thing is, there are A LOT of different algorithms to go through... We have to pick stats for the cream of the crop hardware because those are the ones that would have true potential for performance, whereas little Billy's 8 year old Dell freezes when you load solitaire... :rolleyes:

I'll admit that I like the idea of an OCC built program, but if you ask me, it should be an open source project.... Perhaps a stats program like MBM, or maybe a window to show what's bottlenecking most in what programs you're running... Basically, something to do with OCing and getting better performance ;)

424046[/snapback]

I really like this idea, I would give alot for a prog that told me specifically which part was the bottleneck in my system. I am familiar with Visual basic and java if yall need some help.

Hienrich