Successful Ultra To Sli Mod

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why would he need to mod it to a sli board? pick up a few fps?

415930[/snapback]

There is no performance difference between the two. If I can get a SLI bridge off of ebay in the future, I basically got a cheap SLI mobo in the end.

There is no performance difference between the two. If I can get a SLI bridge off of ebay in the future, I basically got a cheap SLI mobo in the end.

415944[/snapback]

DFI didn't include a bridge in the ultra even though they gave it two physical x16 slots? weak

The Ultra-D mobo from DFI does not come with a SLI bridge because it is not marketed as a SLI mobo. As far as I know of this mod only works on the nForce4 Ultra mobo from DFI and not other Ultra chipsets. However future boards/chipsets will most likely have a countermeasure to prevent this mod.

So where did you get the 2nd chipset?

Huh? :unsure: If you are referring to the first picture it is simply a side-by-side comparison.

The Ultra-D mobo from DFI does not come with a SLI bridge because it is not marketed as a SLI mobo. As far as I know of this mod only works on the nForce4 Ultra mobo from DFI and not other Ultra chipsets. However future boards/chipsets will most likely have a countermeasure to prevent this mod.

Huh? :unsure: If you are referring to the first picture it is simply a side-by-side comparison.

416222[/snapback]

Oh, I feel dumb. I thought you had done some serious modding! :wacko:

416222[/snapback]

I wonder why those noobs at newegg has it pictured, I bet thats the stuff with the UT lanparty SLI, but DFI says that the ultra doesn't come with the bridge...but it uses DXG..have you tried that? does it even work? or is it just like using 2 graphics adapters?..kinda like agp and a pci card but not?

I wonder why those noobs at newegg has it pictured, I bet thats the stuff with the UT lanparty SLI, but DFI says that the ultra doesn't come with the bridge...but it uses DXG..have you tried that? does it even work? or is it just like using 2 graphics adapters?..kinda like agp and a pci card but not?

Newegg has themselves covered by stating below the pictures that revisions of the products can change, blah blah blah. DXG is basically the ability to use two graphics cards to drive up to 4 monitors.