3ds Max Project, Anyone Wana Help?

anthony

An easy way to do it would be to create a flat rectangle-shapped box, then apply a 4x4x4 deforming modifier, then edit the individual vertex points into the rough shape you want. You can then either leave it alone and clone/rotate the part to make the blades, or you can apply the meshsmooth modifier to smooth the edges. Using smoothing depends on what kinda fan you want it to look like.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, try experimenting with splices (I think that's what they're called). You can basically free-form draw a shape, then use the Entrude modifier to create an actual 3D model.

It's been a while since I've used Max. I've had every version up to 4.2, which is when I kinda stopped messing with it :sleep:

If you want the look of a fan spinning, just group the fan motor and blades, then rotate the assembly 10 degrees per frame, and add Motion Blur in Video Post and Render a frame to get the look of movement :D

Let me know if you need more help, I need to reinstall Max anyways, got a few jobs to work on :P

heres a lil update, decided teh PC65's a bit outdated, decided to design own case :)  its a mix between the old Coolermaster ATC 410 and the Lian Li V2100

414065[/snapback]

your speakers have no tweeter & thus, would sound horrible

also, the placement of them isn't to ideal for.......anything but prologic