Xp-120 On An Msi K8n Neo2

the 90 is just smaller and does not do AS good a job as the 120. I just bought it. So Hopefully it should work. Just a pain to put on I guess. Its the best and that is what I wanted.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got the darned thing on and I'm a bit disappointed. All these great improvements for everyone else and I've got 51*C Load right now... There is a settling period for the thermal paste right? If it doesn't go down I'm assuming I put on the thermalpaste wrong and I'm going to have to reseat it. I put it on like the direction on the Arctic Silver site says. Oh well...

Edit: Uh-oh... It says remove the protective covering and I didn't see one... Is there one that fits right on it or did mine just not have one on it? I suppose that could be a reason why it's not cooling that great... I know I tried to peel something off but I couldn't get anything off. Do some just come without this? The online instructions say nothing about it so I'm hoping it just didn't come with one.

lol, it could have been a thin clear film on the bottom, i wonder, i am fixing to order one as soon as my ram sells on ebay, if you havent figured this out yet, i'll post a pic of mine

yes it says there is a protective film and i spent ages seeing if there was something, and mine didnt have one on either, my temps were bad to begin with but now my temps are about CPU 32C and case 19 - 25 clocked @ 2.42 ghz, sept case temps are high at the moment because ive got it clocked @ 549mhz core and 579mhz memory gpu temps 33 ish

yes it says there is a protective film and i spent ages seeing if there was something, and mine didnt have one on either, my temps were bad to begin with but now my temps are about CPU 32C and case 19 - 25 clocked @ 2.42 ghz, sept case temps are high at the moment because ive got my graphics card clocked @ 549mhz core and 579mhz memory gpu temps 33 ish

Edited by yatstv