Ati Has A New Card To Compete Wit 6800 Ultra

Hey got annoucement in my e-mail today from ATI that they will be releasing new card soon the X850 article

i also saw this card like 2 wekks ago

alost yah forgot hte X800XL

i saw it and rage 3d

• 2 weeks later...
no i've been missunderstood. I don;'t care what it looks like so long as it performs. it just looks like its going to be a little loud

doesn't everyone just replace stock coolers anyway? :huh:

(well, apart from Nerm... i meant *normal* people who don't live in a meatlocker! :P)

Yeah, really. Like anybody uses five PCI slots anyway.

:withstupid: exactly...plus, only the ultra takes up two slots....my GT takes up just one.

also, i think it's a joke that they're advertising it as a 6800U competitor....I mean, that's like saying nvidia made the 6800 to compete with the ati 9800. the x850 will really be in competition with nvidia's next card.

the x850xl sounds promising at $350...that's cheaper than a 6800gt, but I'd be curious to see a benchmark comparison. If it beat the 6800gt then I'd say that's the new "best value" card, but I still give that crown to the gt until I see benches.

EDIT: paranoid, the review stated that the x850xt "Winning or tying in 77% of the tests"

IMO, that's not that great considering it's a "new" card. I would have expected the next ati powerhouse to beat the 6800u in practically all tests. What are they going to do once nvidia releases their new cards? They've been busy focusing on sli, but once they start concentrating on vc's again, i don't think it looks too good for ati right now...they're advancing much too slowly IMO.

Edited by ClayMeow