Peltier Cooling

DrAwesomePhD

Hey, im almost sure ill be buying peltier cooling in about an hour or so :P can anyone tell me what exactly i need to make this work? Currently i have a 12v pump, getting a new radiator (the triple-fan-radiators), and no resevior (one of those dangerden fillcaps instead) and the old d-tek whitewater which im replacing. Anyway, i hear this is a complex upgrade and complicated thing to setup ... what should i buy and how much should i buy of it etc.

well you are gonna need an insulation kit..i think dtek sells em...also you are gonna need a dedicated power supply for the peltier...and of course you need the peltier...all of which dtek sells...and i do believe they have instructions on how to insulate your processor and properly instal the pelt...

OK, so im going to get this most likely............

is this a good product? will it work well....

can i get the dielectric grease etc. from the local hardware store? the neoprine pads, whatever? would microcenter have them? i really want to get this ready for wednesday, and since cooltechnica ships from MA and i live in MA i get it next day on the cheapest shipping ^_^ but.... what about all the other accessories? i dont want to pay next-day-air ($50) for some dielectric grease and neoprine pads...

Hey, im almost sure ill be buying peltier cooling in about an hour or so :P can anyone tell me what exactly i need to make this work? Currently i have a 12v pump, getting a new radiator (the triple-fan-radiators), and no resevior (one of those dangerden fillcaps instead) and the old d-tek whitewater which im replacing. Anyway, i hear this is a complex upgrade and complicated thing to setup ... what should i buy and how much should i buy of it etc.

http://www.themodfathers.com/modfatha/articles/pelts.php

That link may help you out, its the way I set mine up if you go Danger den get the copper top, I myself will never use a peltier again the 226 watt was just not big enough for the 3.2EE idle below 0c full load folding 2 versions in about 5 to 10 minutes I was back to ambient temps, I have 2 of those meanwell power supplys one is still in the box, the used about 6 months untill the melt down. Right now I am running same temps ambient with just water cooling only, you can get the precut neoprene kits from danger den and other places, also the conformal coating. Someone said the other day how many times is road-runner going to show that picture! well its for people who may have not seen it and shows what can happen. I think someone is making a 360 watt pelt that may do the job (google) but here is my experience with pelts after killing a P4C800 Deluxe and a ATI All in Wonder 9800 Pro, the constant changing temps from no load to full load I guess made expansion and contraction and the fittings leaked where they screwed in

sorry for spamming but i need a reply fast :O they only have 4 left (one has sold in the past 30 mins) and i need to order it tonight......

is there anything else i need other than the item in my above link? dielectric grease right? what else? can i pick it up at local stores, or would i have to mailorder it (cooltechnica is outta most everything...) ?

It looks like this peltier block comes with the pre-assembled coldplate and peltier and everything, so its a lot easier.... right? is this block ready-to-go??

Yes that block is ready to go. Other than that you need the grease, and the pads, which you already know that....sooo get that, get your grease and pads,....the grease the board, place pads, grease soem more,, remember on front of motherboard and ont he back, to insure tno condensation. then palce that thingy on there, and your good, remmeber youll want a relay of some sort to have it turn on with the pc, unless you want a switch, also always wait a little bit before you turn the peltier on to let the cpu heat to above ambient temps......sooo i think ur good

im sure you can....like an automotive store should have the grease,,, maybe im not certain as far as the pads, its just neopryne stuff like you can get that anywhere, i mean its used for padding in shipping stuff, like puters and junk, you shoudl be able to find that anywhere i would think,