Nintendo Ds Released

Ghost2520

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Nintendo has a is a real lack of 3rd party support. Square soft did say they supported the DS, so there is a chance that we will get FF games on there. (Chrystal Chronicles is already planned for DS) Also Team Ninja said they are considering making a Ninja Gaiden or Dead or Ailve game for DS WHICH WOULD ROCK!!!! I'm really hopin for a good arcade fighter, I love that type of gameplay. Maybe a Marvel vs. Capcom even... bah I'm gettin my hopes up. Anyways since Nintendo said they are planning on a few ports from N64 to DS, a few really logical choices would be Goldeneye, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and maybe Perfect Dark. IMO the system would be worth buying JUST to be able to play those couple of ports while on the road. The more I look into this system, the better I think it will turn out. I have a feeling it will go something like the PS2 did, a really crappy first couple months of games and then after that some smash hits will come out. Nintendo does also have the advantage that Sony had 4 years ago. They released the system first so it will be more successful. I can easily see this "race" turning out like the PS2/XBOX race. PSP will be far more powerful, but it won't sell as well simply because it hasn't been out as long. (this may not be the case in Japan because the release dates are only a week or so apart versus the 4 month difference in America.) Just my 2 cents though...

I think the Sony is going to lose in the handheld gaming industry. Because so far it looks like their doing the same thing Sega and Atari did with their handhelds, which is having better graphics, at the cost of a higher price and bad battery life.

Edit: ive heard that the DS has the microphone for online play.

Edited by Desktop-pro

I think the Sony is going to lose in the handheld gaming industry. Because so far it looks like their doing the same thing Sega and Atari did with their handhelds, which is having better graphics, at the cost of a higher price and bad battery life.

I could give a rats bass about the microphone... I mean why use it when you can talk to the people who are sitting five maybe ten feet away... wait did you say ONLINE play? I didn't realize there was actually online play... will it cost extra? Anyways, just played Metroid Prime at gamestop, it handles quite well. No lag what so ever on multiplayer and using the arrow pad for movement as well as the touch screen for looking around seems to feel quite similar to a keyboard/mouse combo. I'm very impressed with the handling of this system, I'm just worried about game support for it. I have no idea if they will actually have any games worth getting because information is miniscule right now. :(

the difference is that even though, yes, the PSP will have less battery life than the DS, it'll still be a hell of a lot longer than Game Gear was, and more than enough time to get in a full sitting under normal circumstances. 4-6hrs should be plenty for most people. And supposedly the graphics are WAY better than the DS...not to mention the screen is bigger as well.

As for DS game selection, the selection should be similar to what they've done with the GBA, so it should appease many loyal fans. And then on top of that they'll have games that they could never do on a GBA, so I don't think selection will be a big issue. Sony will have a harder time convincing people that they'll be a large selection of games than Nintendo will.

The intro of the DS is similar to that of the PS2. One of the nice features of the PS2 was that it was backwards compatible with PS1, so there were already 200 games available for it. DS is backwards compatible with GBA, so there's already a bunch of games for it. PSP won't have this advantage.

Lastly, I'm not positive, but I was perusing a gaming magazine today at a newstand and I was pretty sure I saw two Final Fantasy games mentioned for the DS, so you may want to look into that. (I've never played any FF games).

I think the biggest problem for Sony is advertising. Apart from the hardcore gamer crowd, I'm skeptical on how many "everyday" people even know about the PSP. If they're on the fence whether to buy a DS, if they think that it's the only new handheld coming out (that Sony doesn't have one), then that may be the spark that makes them go out and get one. Many of us are saying we want to wait to see how the PSP will be, but what if people no nothing of the PSP? They won't know to "hold out."