Hello Everyone........

*Predator*

Um hello there everyone.......

Im new to OCC and me just wanted to say Hi and im glad to be apart of the community :)

I am building my first computer and I am saving for the necesary components needed to build my monster........I currently only have the case.........but should I run into problems i'll turn to you guys :unsure:

I would really like to get into this Overclocking malarky and im reading up on it, i would like to save money and overclock instead........mate said to get a 2.4Ghz Pent 4 and overclock it to 3.5ghz. Can you get a 2.4Ghz 800FSB cpu anywhere as i only see 533fsb's?

Tank chu :P

Welcome to occ. Im really only a noob to the fourms actully ive been working with computers for nearly 2 and a half years now and I only just decided to join.

If you really want to know my friend actully got me into them and well he talked me into formating my hard drive 2 yrs ago only cus I told him iI had problems. i got into computers more from ther and im on the verge of upgradeing mine.

I see your friend. says to get a 2.4 ghz pent 4. Let me just say if you really want to you can pay somewhere around $800 for a 3.6 ghz Pent 4 EE and oc it even higher or you can pay less for a 3.6 ghz Pent 4 which is I think around maybe $400. These are only estimates though if your intersited you should look into it.

*edit* I forgot to mention the 2.4 ghz can't come in on 800mhz fsb. However the 3.6's do.

Edited by Compxpert

Welcome to OCC, Intel has discontinued the 800mhz fsb p4 2.4's so you would have to find one from a retail store that still has it or from ebay or other used places. 3.5 on air would be very hard to achieve with a 2.4... But you can always aim for the sky : -P hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome to OCC, Intel has discontinued the 800mhz fsb p4 2.4's so you would have to find one from a retail store that still has it or from ebay or other used places. 3.5 on air would be very hard to achieve with a 2.4... But you can always aim for the sky : -P hope you enjoy it here!

what makes you say that intel has discontinued their 2.4c 800mhz? that's bull man. you must be talking about the m0 stepping in their chips, which can exceed 3.5ghz on air, easily (assuming good ram and all).