Iriver, Ipod, Or Zen

Vasto

My friend bought a 3g ipod 15gb right when it first came out. Once the iPod mini's came out, he bought that, and gave me his ipod. So far... it's still working fine. I've dropped it twice, both times on hard cement floors, and although I don't plan to be doing that ever again, there were no problems either time. I'm not using a hard case, i'm just using a cloth/leather case. GO IPOD@!

ps: agal, can you walk me through your experience with freeipods?

Edited by clamothe

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an Iriver ihp-140 early this year, it gets played constantly, in the car through a tape adaptor, through friends tape decks with the adaptor. I've dropped it many times after a night out! It just keeps going. Used my brothers ipod, i found it a bit soft. Me and my wife love the fact that you can queue up the next song, it's like a real jukebox (a big one). I'm suprised the others haven't got a backlit remote screen.

Get rid of those Apple blinkers and go for the RIVER!!!

Edited by davegorman

Huh? I want to get a car CD player with MP3 compatibility  that supports a CR-R loaded with MP3s as well as a portable MP3 player interface. I'm not talking about getting a car deck that has a built in hard drive for MP3 storage.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave my wife her iRiver H320 last night. I had no idea it would be so small with a 20GB hard drive built in. The thing fits in the palm of her hand. Very cool. Easy to get songs on it with the USB interface and its support of M3U playlists. She loves the thing to death. It came with a hard case, mini plug adapter, USB interface cable, and power adapter.

Just a little info for someone still trying to make up their mind. I have no regrets about not getting the iPod now. This thing is awesome.