New Case

I have just picked up the case in the pic.

Both sides and the top are basically mesh with air filter panels.

The fan spots are as follows:

Front -- 2 spots at bottom

Open side -- 1 in center and duct over cpu and anotehr spot beside the duct

Back -- 1 spot (not including the PSU)

Top -- 1 blowhole

Side under mobo tray -- 1 spot

I have several fans and will be using this case for my socket 939 3000 with the MSI Neo board and intend to Overclock to at least 2.5.

I also have the option of mounting HDD anywhere in the case, though I would think in the airstream of the front fans would be best.

How should I set it up to give the best airflow?

Edited by Duke Atreides

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having a case that was complete with cathode lights, blinking leds, and the light filling my room with slashes of light I eventually turned off the cathodes. Besides, I cant actually see my case when I am online as the desk edge covers the beauty and it is not like I am going to take it outside to show off to the neighbors waxing it in my driveway.

Just want to get the best airflow, I have spots for 8 fans already, I won't be cutting NEW holes to make room to enable hovercraft mode, just asking what kind of fan setup would give the best airflow (I have not had a top blow hole before)

emm

2x front intake

1x side intake

1x top blowhole exhaust

1x rear-exhuast

that's what i would do. in all my experiences, positive air pressure has had the best results. (assuming all the fans you use are equal cfms)

positive air pressure... in a case with holes? not sure that would work... not as much as a sealed case anyway

i think for a case with holes, more exhaust would work better - negative case pressure - that way, cooler air would be drawn in through all the little holes

hmmm

Yeah that was my confusion as well. I usually go for positive air pressure and that is easy on the setup. Having a case that is essentially a mesh box changes tha dynamic quite a bit. It is a unique type of case to be sure, a friend of mine bought one a month ago and saw immediate temp drops by 8C with the same exact fan setup he had in his old case. But he has an Athlon 2000 running stock speeds, so airflow wasn't that big a deal to him.

i have a similar layout to my case.

hot air rises. any FLOW will help move that air.....and the blowhole up top will be more efficient at moving that air as youll have airflow moving to it already from the intake fans.

also, try to make a note of just what direction the fans on your POWER SUPPLY are moving air....if its taking air from inside and moving it outside already, then you may not need that exhaust fan out the back....you may want it as an intake to help feed the CPU fan AND the psu as theyre in the same area of that airflow.

believe it or not, i recommend EVERY FAN being intake...except the blowhole fan...even the fans blowing on your graphics card must be an intake fan.... as any hot air will rise automatically. forced air onto your components will move through the heatsinks and past the hot areas, and then must go somewhere. that direction will be up and out, cause where will it go anyway? the most efficient way is out the top. you will not be able to create any positive pressure inside your case however you CAN create positive FLOW.

(now the most efficient method i was thinking about lately was a single high volume large fan blowing into a plenum that routes air through pipes directly aimed at your components....like a central air a/c system in houses.)

its working for me better than any other combination so far. trust me. everything intake except the blowhole...that one is the exhaust.