Games Requiring Internet-based Activation

Bosco

Do you believe this will help or hurt the gaming industry?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe this will help or hurt the gaming industry?

• It will hurt the gaming industry
    • I don't think it will hurt the gaming industry
    • I don't know if it will help or hurt them

There will always be something that ppl can get to crack any activation that might be required. I personally dont think it will affect the industry too much at all. Only people having internet trouble will get frustrated and take the game back or not buy it at all. That must be a small # tho.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously, im sure its going to be a one time activation and its stuck to your steam account, and i dont know what everybodys complaining about with the xp activation, everytime i format i activate with no problem at all.

Edited by Tweek

fact is, if the companies can save money, then they'll do it. sooner or later, yes, ways and means will be found to get around it, but then there is a lot of piracy around the world.

what will happen when people dont have a net connection? heavens knows. when i'm not at uni, i have a net connection for only a few hours a day - when i buy new games, i will be stuffed.

i expect more safedisc/starforce protection....lol....i use "no-cd" cracks when i cant be arsed to put the right cd in the machine, but then im sure plenty of other people do too. starforce works well, and to my knowledge, i still have to put the original disc in for some games! argh!

people wont boycott games because of protection. did they boycott M$ because of WPA? hardly. the ones that left didnt impact the market much.

• 2 weeks later...

ive already heard of this nice new halo 2's activation for the 2 free months of xbox live going bad and saying that the key is invalid --- GREAT - i feel sorry for those people but not really...... ps2 still doesnt have activation OR fees for playing online