Gateway's = Trash

bigred

Red I hear ya on being a tech support for everything when ya do your own biz on this side. That is what I do and I tell ya it is starting to get to me of late. It seems I have no personal life. I even have people calling me on my personal cell phone all the time. People are so stupid they screw up their computers and then expect me to fix if for free because either I built it or I worked on it last. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it is even worth it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol that is a good one i'll have to rememeber that.

EDIT: I tell ya one thing I learned in a hurry that there is a lot more money in fixing comps than building new ones lol.

Ahnya, as a guy training and prepping himself up to go to HijackThis Camp, I'll tell you some issues with your plans there:

CWS isn't going to show up in your taskmanager list.

They'll come back after restarting even after you think you've killed them.

It's extremely easy to crap over someone's registry, and then find out that they turned off System Restore, which was the backup you were relying on.

3/4ths of humans are retarded. They'll download EVERY searchbar and desktop buddy they can find because they think it's "cute" to see that annoying purple gorilla on their screen.

People fall into traps extremely easy. They see an offer, they're eyes get shiny, and then they lose all their common sense.

3/4ths of humans are retarded. They'll download EVERY searchbar and desktop buddy they can find because they think it's "cute" to see that annoying purple gorilla on their screen.

Gees KB I think that's a bit harsh :Oretarded? niave yes, but not retarded...

As for people tinkering with their systems... a few words for ya' TORX security screws & void if removed security labels... combined with a "you bend, you spend..." policy, least ways that's what I'd do ;)

Byron the reason I suggested eBay,was because I picked up 2 sticks of PC-133 64mg for $12.00 AUD (inc. shipping)... pretty much the same reason I also suggested your local swap/enthusiast computer flea market or similar :)

tazwegion, just wondering, but how many rigs do you have folding, bc your last submition for few days was around 500pts :-P

To answer your question r/t folding rigs...

[email protected]

K62-550

K62-500

CeleronA@500

CeleronA@548

1127 points in the last 7 days w00t w00t! :D

i can see messing up the registry. but, however, if the net works, google is your friend. if the net don't work, i bring a machine that's clean and does work. no net? bring it over.

either way, i still end up having to fix my best friend's computer. it's gotten so frequent that i'm constantly asking, "what's for dinner?" "oh? so your computer needs fixed? feed me."

it monotinous.

that's quite impressive, red. my bf was asked to take mcse in his 16th year by his high school.... they were gonna pay for it! he never did however. ex father in law worked in hardware for ibm since 67. lots of resources. plus, microsoft actually is helpful. bf having an uncle that works as head of marketing/customer support(when gates was ceo, he was #5 down) also helps. did you work AT microsoft in washington state? how long ago was this? bob has been there for a while..... i'm thinking like 10 years. robert bishop, nicest guy around :).

how true there were 898! spywares on a recent laptop I fixed

I've got screen shots somewhere around the shop of the 7,000+ and 10,000+ entry comps we've had.

they got balloons, a certificate and the whole 9 yards when the picked those messes up.

btw i think what KB meant was people are FRIGGIN STUPID! common sense is very dead. and without common sense I'm suprised society in general hasn't died yet.

kinda like the idiot sprint customers next door :) the roseville police are in the parking lot writing tickets by the fist-full again! I can see at least 8 parking tickets from where I sit. firelanes, handicapped spots, the whole 9 yards... this is great entertainment! cuz he's waiting for them to come out and start crying too!

Edited by bigred

Yea, i've checked out the local comp shops around here and they are seriously 3 years behind. They dont carry pc-2700 or higher at the actual comp shops here! the only place I can find that or better is circuit city. I've checked out ebay, and my mom prefers to stay away from it. so I think I can get her some pc-100 256mb for around $40 off of newegg.

Dude, three years ago I went to a futureshop, and bought a 128MB Stick of PC-133(Biggest our old Motherboard could support) for, in the end, $15Canadian. It was like, Retail $40, on sale for $10 Off, Plus a $15 mail-in rebate.

Just look around.

Ahnya, if you believe spyware to be easy to remove most of the time, three words:

CoolWebSearch.

Those things have gotten me to the point of tears from frustration.

Excuse me now while I go register at the Spyware Info forums and sign up for HijackThis Bootcamp.