Gateway's = Trash

bigred

I was just looking over service orders for the last 2 months.

91 gateways in for service, 71 of them with hardware problems. 44 motherboards, 17 power supplies, 104 sticks of ram (yeah some of them had more than 1 bad stick of ram) replaced.

how in GOD'S name did gateway last so long?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they stink... We used to have an account with gateway a couple years ago until the computers started falling apart.. a few mobo's needed to be replaced, but alot of power supplies fried and a few hard drives started making grinding noises...

I hate DELL too, so I buy IBM systems for the office...

and the day's not over yet, right red?

it's sickening. 4 toshibas, 29 compaq's, 24 HP's, 19 emachines (unless you count the gateways as emachines... cuz emachines owns em now), 2 sony's, 11 dells, 1 mac, 3 IBM's, 26 Union Friendly's (if you don't know a UAW member you'd never see these piles of crap), 4 CBW diplomats, and 403 custom built systems. in 2 months!

and people wonder why this is the most profitable shop in the CBW chain.

Back many years ago, I used to actually recommend Gateway2000 boxes - they were cheap-ish, but somewhat reliable (and tech support was good). When they went cheap - and removed the 2000 from their name - their machines turned into complete crap! I wouldn't use them as a doorstop, much less pretend they are computers...

it's sickening. 4 toshibas, 29 compaq's, 24 HP's, 19 emachines (unless you count the gateways as emachines... cuz emachines owns em now), 2 sony's, 11 dells, 1 mac, 3 IBM's, 26 Union Friendly's (if you don't know a UAW member you'd never see these piles of crap), 4 CBW diplomats, and 403 custom built systems. in 2 months!

and people wonder why this is the most profitable shop in the CBW chain.

well 1 apple.. that can tell you one of two things.. apples are more reliabla overall than pc's.. or people just dont use macs :P

well 1 apple.. that can tell you one of two things.. apples are more reliabla overall than pc's.. or people just dont use macs :P

fewer of them, and I usually refuse them for service. I will install ram in a mac tower though.