Quite Water Cooling?

ir_cow

he doesnt need to get that fatty tower wc kit from zalman, there are perfectly better cooling systems out there,

but since hes a beginner he should get a pre assembled kit,

there will always be noise, face it, even if you go wc, everything needs to be cooled, one way or another. and dont expect to get a certain temp when you get a wc, temps always flucuates,

, i learned that you dont need to go to an online computer store to find the items you need for your wc kit, as a matter of fact im heading over to petco in a while to check out the water pumps and radiators they have for aquariums, and i highly doubt that theyll cost as much as a swiftech or other "special" pumps

and as for the suggestion for a peltier kit, do you really think that if he wer e to get a wc kit, it would be thermal electric, theres a better chance that hell f*k up his system from condensation

what the hell, i just got my wc kit and im already started to upgrade! ahh!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... get the silenx fans ^_^ i got two of those for the radiator, it is REALLY quiet (i cant even hear it if i try) and if you stock those out on all the case fans, it should be really really really quiet...

Then again, you'd probably be 'wasting' your money... im sure you can get fans just as quiet and just as good for 1/2 the price, but these are guaranteed for life to be quiet or something like that, so if you just are plain going after quality silence, you should look into that... get a nice quiet PSU too :P

Again, these are overpriced but i got them anyway @.@ probably foolish, but also reassuring i guess.

SilenX website

And i think when he said $150 for a waterblock he was referring to the THREE waterblocks (GPU, system, and CPU....) or atleast thats how i read it @.@

he doesnt need to get that fatty tower wc kit from zalman, there are perfectly better cooling systems out there,

but since hes a beginner he should get a pre assembled kit,

well he do wants quiet watercooling :) and its the only kit out there that is using a passive radiator :D but his kind of budget..he can like get a Polarflo TT waterblocks or the White Water, but im not sure whether WW will fit in his amd64 doubt so i guess :) haha forget cooling kits man, i think he should go straight into customized kits with your budget..

hmm... get the silenx fans ^_^ i got two of those for the radiator, it is REALLY quiet (i cant even hear it if i try)  and if you stock those out on all the case fans, it should be really really really quiet...

Then again, you'd probably be 'wasting' your money... im sure you can get fans just as quiet and just as good for 1/2 the price, but these are guaranteed for life to be quiet or something like that, so if you just are plain going after quality silence, you should look into that... get a nice quiet PSU too :P 

Again, these are overpriced but i got them anyway @.@ probably foolish, but also reassuring i guess.

SilenX website

And i think when he said $150 for a waterblock he was referring to the THREE waterblocks (GPU, system, and CPU....) or atleast thats how i read it @.@

yea 3 waterblocls :) cpu/gpu and that other one...

so my question is. if i get the ZERo dba thermaltake PSU and the 6800's waterblock and cpu waterblock + hdd coolers the only sound i would have is the watercooling system, now whats the quites water system that will keep my system at altlest 40'c which is what my fans are doing. b/c theirs no point in water cooling if the sounds still there, i can stand around 25dba from one or 2 fans(radiator), or should i go with external system?

thats what the man wants :)

actually the guy that said 100 for block is right go to danger den for the 6800 block its 100+

124$$ to be exact jeeze people now u all have to appoligize

Edited by r_g