Tt Purepower 560w

I'm thinking about purchasing a TT PurePower 560W, stats on link:

ThermalTake PSU

I posted in a different forum about having my comp shut down whenever I went real graphic intensive. Took my comp to work a couple time and tried some selective interchange, but nothing seemed to work...especially because I couldn't find a PSU better than 420W (mine).

Has anyone here heard good/bad about this PSU? Thanks...

Edited by crypnite

How many amps am I looking for on the +12V line?

Personally I just go by more is better. Your +12V line runs anything that uses a molex, floppy or SATA connector. So if you don't have enough A on your +12V it can cause your graphics card to stutter if uses an extra Molex connector for power. You'll probaly be fine with 22A but for future upgradability the 33A will last you much longer. And after having after having a TT PSU and an Enermax PSU I found the Enermax to be of better quality.

I'm thinking about purchasing a TT PurePower 560W, stats on link:

ThermalTake PSU

I posted in a different forum about having my comp shut down whenever I went real graphic intensive. Took my comp to work a couple time and tried some selective interchange, but nothing seemed to work...especially because I couldn't find a PSU better than 420W (mine).

Has anyone here heard good/bad about this PSU? Thanks...

I have one of those, but I'm selling it to a friend next week when I get my X-Connect in the mail. I don't know how much the low 22A on the 12+ rail is affecting my overclock, since the P4 uses the 12V rail. I wasn't terribly impressed with my results using this PSU, but I guess I'll find out when I get the X-Connect.

Thermaltake isn't the end-all PSU brand, they work but are not too impressive. They tend to go with more flashy looks and marketing than super high-quality products.

I prefer Enermax for PSU's, the Noisetaker 470W or Coolergiant 480W are very nice choices. :)