Building Comp For Boss

BiPolar

He doesn't need top o' the line components, so I'm looking for good value and stability. He does mostly office programs (word, ppt, etc.), but might get into digital imaging/movies.

So this is the system i'm thinking of:

Liteon, sohc-5232K

amd 2600+ barton

hitachi 120gb sata

sapphire ati9200

pdp patriot ram 2x256

antec sonata case w/380w psu

For the mobo, i'm a little unsure. I have an abit nf7-s that I love, and i've built another sytsem with the dfi ultra infinity. However, since i'm not OCing this system, what do you suggest for a good, stable mobo?

ANy thoughts, for a sleek, quiet good priced case that comes with a decent psu?

For a motherboard, the Albatron KX18D Pro. It's inexpensive and very reliable ;)

If he's planning on working with video's, consider a Pentium 4 instead.

Edited by Paranoid

if he is doing word processing and web browsing.. just get him an old geforce card.. get a geforce 4 440mx or somthing.. that is FINE.. that will do more than he will ever need.. and its cheep.. :).. i used a geforce 4 440mx to run Grand Theft Auto 3 and it was fine :)

EDIT.. BTW.. this is a great card.. and thats all he needs :) .. that will do just about any thing.. even games.. you many not get doom 3 or HL 2 or the super new DX games.. but i bet you could run GTA 3, quake 3, ect.. but thats just to show you that this card will realy do the job :)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-164-015&depa=1

Edited by asus