Knock, Knock, Knocking On Judy's Door.....

Flagg7771234

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I see Flagg is still kickin' a.. but he ain't takin' no names 'cause he's moving too fast! :lol:

Hey bigred, should I get a dual Xeon EMT64 system or go for an Opteron setup - just for folding? lordofbeer is making me nervous back there and you are making me feel too secure either!

haven't folded with the EM64Txeons yet. the opterons should be nice, but my little baby is just chugging away on 2 tinkers while hosting a 48 hour + UT 2004 binge for my brother and some of his college buddies :(

and why are people afraid of me? best I can do with my current rigs is 14th overall.

Edited by bigred

haven't folded with the EM64Txeons yet. the opterons should be nice, but my little baby is just chugging away on 2 tinkers while hosting a 48 hour + UT 2004 binge for my brother and some of his college buddies :(

and why are people afraid of me?

Umm-

no, it would be much more satisfying to me to break thier necks with my bare hands. I miss the sound of bones breaking
:lol:

j/k - I'm just afraid of those 152 processors you have at your disposal - I know they're busy 'working' for you- but you never know.

yeah, but not all of those cpus are "fast" they range from dual 550mhz xeons to a quad 3.2ghz xeon (yeah it's actually 8 cpus when you count HT).

Be more afraid of the fact that I just got a whole boat load of sempron 3100+ board and chip combos for $150 each... lord knows the damage 30 of those would do :)

yeah, but not all of those cpus are "fast" they range from dual 550mhz xeons to a quad 3.2ghz xeon (yeah it's actually 8 cpus when you count HT).

Be more afraid of the fact that I just got a whole boat load of sempron 3100+ board and chip combos for $150 each... lord knows the damage 30 of those would do :)

I am not an envious person, but D*MN! lol.....I think I am doing pretty good for only having 6 comps folding. People like you blow by me of course though lol, but I don't mind it is all for a good cause and the little people like me are just as important to the team as the big guns like you.

the cows! I can see the cows!

let's do a contest and see if we can double the team's production during the month of Oct....

Not sure you guys noticed, but I halved my production this week, one of my farms got turned off. Back up now.

oh... AND good news!

I have another 10 p4 2.8 lab coming on line soon! So I might be able to get a solid 5k per day for the team!

I pull for the team... I pull for the beer, I pull <ouch> the wrong thing :)

I pull for the team... I pull for the beer, I pull <ouch> the wrong thing :)

:lol:

I have 5 comps folding right now, but two are retro machines. By the middle of Oct, I'll have another A64 up and running, replacing one of the retro's; a s939 to boot. I may even be able to upgrade one of the retros to a newer AXP. Hopefully I can start getting 500+ points a day.

Could I get you to hook me up with a coupple of those?? They don't sell them where I live yet.