Noob? Yes...but My Mom Says I'm Special.

ThunderPants

Hopefully everbody else did plenty of homework before trying to do any serious adjustments, and I've been doing my fair share.

Seems to me as though terms used in one place are not shown in the BIOS at all, and vice versa, so it can be a bit time consuming. The article in a web page does little good when you have the BIOS open (sometimes ya just can't beat a pen and paper).

At this stage, I'm under the impression there is no exact science to it, or definate order of events, but instead slowly boost up a number of things each having pro's and con's.

I have an ASUS P4PE and an Intel P4 - 2.4 gig.

My main concern is that I am under the impression that I should be able to adjust the CPU speed, but when in manual do not have that option, just the adjustment of the underlying tweaks.

Any comments?

If you are asking us how to overclock your CPU, this should have been placed under the Overclocking section. :) I am not P4 man so I'm not sure what your saying, it seems your trying to say that your processor is locked? You should be able to change the FSB reguardless of the multiplier being locked, thus increasing the speed of your processor.

Welcome, newbie. :D

If I read your post right, you seem to be under the impression that you can change your CPU multiplier to increase its' speed. You cannot. The CPU is locked. To increase CPU speed you must raise your FSB. And I'm here to tell you 2.4B/C chips OC really, really well.

I've got a 2.4B rig on an Asus P4PE2-X(i848chipset) that is running at 804FSB/3.61ghz, and my other rig which is in my sig below.

Good luck!

:foldon: