Trouble With Sp2

Saggitarius

Seems to me the best thing about SP2 is the indirect protection we're getting; since the people who use their computers but don't care about spies, virii, etc. usually just do whatever Windows tells them to do, now Windows is telling them to be more secure, so they say "OK, whatever", and we all get a little more protection from the bad guys.

I fixed my bosses daughers laptop yesterday, it was riddled with virus' and spyware, wouldnt even boot up, plus a couple keys werent working. dang gateway! anyway after a recovered her files a did a format and complete reinstall of xp home then installed SP2. It does boot up a little slower but hopefully i dont get a call saying it doesnt work :(

we'll see if that firewall works too, a virus got in and disabled her antivirus. :unsure:

Yea, i like SP2. I dont notice any performance changes. I also didnt have any problems installing it. i have also installed it on several other peoples computers. No problems yet. I've installed it on a few dell's and a toshiba. Mine is custome built of course. Im not sure what your problem was. obviously something conflicted. I would try a reformat and fresh install of windows and sp1/sp2. good luck!