Trouble With Sp2

Saggitarius

Anybody else having this problem? I tried contacting the update site, was instructed to download new software (which I did) then was informed that I needed to restart some of my services (which I had disabled according to a guide found here and on BlackViper's site) I did this and rebooted. I am now able to contact the update site, showing me the SP2 download, but I only get about 1/3 through it and then it fails. I read BigRed's post about Intel chipsets, perhaps the NForce ones also have problems?

R.I.P. xp sp2....its coming off....giving me stupid problems left, right and centre. die die die!

sorry. my opinions went a bit far there.

Did you do a fresh install before SP2, or have SP2 slipstreamed in? Or was the install kind of old anyway. If it was old, it could have been that.

No problems here. I actually like the fact that the PC asks me if I really want to load something or open something. I like the warnings. Instead of before, someone could get themselves into trouble without warning. I am sure there will be a fix soon, MS must be getting all sorts of info about stuff thats bad.