I Don't Like My Friend's Computer

agentorange

Today my friend cleared the cmos on his MSI k7n2 delta-ilsr board and when he turned it back on and there was nothing on the screen. It sounds like the hd's are spinng up like a normal post. I made sure that everything was plugged in and the boards little led indicator deal claims that it is trying to update the real-time clock. This is actually the second time that this has happened and last time around he just rma'ed the board. Unfortunately he has had this board to long to send it back. Any ideas?

His spec's are

xp 2500 barton

K7N2 Delta-ILSR

1 gig of pc 3200

60 gb ata hd

40 gb ata hd

5200 ultra

aspire 350w ps

never liked that mobo :(

but I have to say try ALL the things others have said. also try unplugging the power supply from the wall, leaving the switch on the back in the "on" setting and hitting the power button. sometimes it works.

a friend of mine has a k7n2-delta. his cmos reset doesn't work like it should. if we oc too far, and it won't boot, the cmos reset doesn't work. we have to set the 133/166--100mHz jumper to the safe position(100mHz). that will allow his 2500 to boot as a duron 1100, then go into bios and reset for the 2500. it will only oc to about 180fsb, anything more and it won't post. try setting the safe jumper(near the rear i/o panel to 100mHz instead of 133/166). good luck.

Yeah, so far I really dislike this board. The first board went to about 180 fsb and then died. He was rightfully afraid to oc this one. I will try the safe jumper idea. If this is the end for his board (which would be a shame because he has an unlocked barton 2500+) I am going to try to get him to go with a whole new AMD 64 and, ironically, and MSI K8N Neo Platinum.

My current board was having problems with posting. It doesnt like my ram, so it wouldn't post. I would have to put back in my generic pc2100, and then boot, set the ram to "by speed", and then boot with my good ram in there. That probably isnt the issue. I'd try the jumper. That might work, but i have a feeling everything is fine, just some type of glitch :-O