Networking Question

Inu_Yasha

ok guys, I need more help with networking. I need to know what type of cables to use to network. Also, I want to network from my room to another part of the house (about 30ft away from my room), what type of cables would i need. Also, how would i run the cables so that it wouldn't be visible?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about going wireless.... I want to share my dsl connection that's the problem... Would I be able to share my dsl connection with my parents in the other room if i used bluetooth or some wireless connection? What wireless connection would you reccommend?

Ok then, question, which method is the cheapest? I already have a dsl box/router so I wouldn't need to buy another one. I'm thinking about just running cables, but I'm not too sure where to run it so it won't be visible and what lenghts I'd need. How much is that wireless router?

ok... cables it is... What i'm thinking about doing is running a cat 6 cable from the router to my mom's room through the roof or something (unless my isp will do the connections like they said they would). Is a cat 6 cable better than a cat 5? In what ways?

wireless sucks man go with cat 6, way faster..... becuase you wont be able to afford a good wireless station and cards... we are talking 11mb slow..... I have the 54mb intel version but i am rich,... not really its my schools hehe. but dont go wirless get some cat 6 and it wil also be cheaper