Earn $50 Via Paypal

Krondo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about the cpu temp, I don't have a reading on that, but I do have a ThermalTake fan on there, and I'd hope that sob works.. It seems to be working.

It's not a Dell, but I'd like a Dell right now, it'd work better than this.

I had posted in another section my new comp specs.

It's an Alienware, but 3k cheaper.

Asus A8V Deluxe Socket 939 (Chipset VIA K8T800Pro

VIA VT8237)

Athlon64 FX 53

Asus Geforce 6800 Ultra

2 gigs Kingston Hyper-X DDR Pc4400

It's still expensive, but not that much really, only 2,300 some odd dollars(pricewatch.com). But I know I won't have to upgrade it for a long time. (hopefully) :P

And, I don't care about Farcry, it'll be obsolete once Hl2 and CS:S comes out..

<---doesn't have a game to go play... so smokes another bowl.

:-)

If I re-use that pc4000 wont that counter act with my pc4400? I had read a post by one of the "OOC members" that the pc4000 would limit my pc4400 to exactly that (4000)

Is the 5600 really that crappy? <frowns..looks at 5600>

163 inside my case?

Celsius....lol

Edited by Krondo

ummmmm...nrg I don't even get 67F on my cpu lol. is this guy for real? i'm thinking super newbie here guys. He talks like Alienware is good(better than dell of course lol) but Alienware still is pre-built. lol..HAHAHA! I just noticed that this guy admitted to smoking weed in an online forum. lmao!

ok there is no way u are getting 100+fps in farcry...sry to tell u that. Only way is if u run it at 640x460 (is that an option or 800x600 lowest) and all low. 56oo sucks period. Probably at 800x600 it couldnt even break 50

If I re-use that pc4000 wont that counter act with my pc4400? I had read a post by one of the "OOC members" that the pc4000 would limit my pc4400 to exactly that (4000)

Is the 5600 really that crappy? <frowns..looks at 5600>

163 inside my case?

Celsius....lol

Well, it would limit your PC4400, but I seriously doubt you'll use the full extent of either. Any, yes, the FX5600 really does suck. I'd look into at least a 9600/FX5700, but if you're building an extreme computer, get at least a 6800 non-ultra ($289)