AMD vs. Intel

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other way around.  they can run 64 bit apps but still have the memory cap (it's chipset restricted at this point).

Is this the thing where they have to sort of "fake" the memory addresses above four GB? Like reassign them or something? I think I read about it somewhere, but I'm still a little foggy on it. Sounds like a real performance killer. :(

mmmhhmmm opertons, they should make dual opertons, be able to have dual graphics, which make it dual monitors LOL or have four if your vga can support :P

so would the four-opteron mobos be able to have QUAD graphics?! that would kick butt!

i think that the ram could play a significant part to the graphics in this theoretical instance....maybe if you could dedicate 512mb to it at the same time, i'm thinking yes, that would make a very interesting graphics setup... *drool* (just gotta have a reasonable gpu thats all!)

i think that the ram could play a significant part to the graphics in this theoretical instance....maybe if you could dedicate 512mb to it at the same time, i'm thinking yes, that would make a very interesting graphics setup... *drool* (just gotta have a reasonable gpu thats all!)

Lol I might just egt a Dual fx-53 system for this lol and egt 2 gb of memory and make 1 gb for video and that would Pwn!@!!!

that would be called an opteron 250 :) they DO exist. infact the ones Lucas studios just bought are dual opteron 250's, 512mb wild cat cards, monster fiber channel scsi raid arrays, 64gb of ram... with linux.

and dedicating 512mb of system ram to video would be stupid. video ram is running 2-3 times faster than system ram. you might as well have a 256mb video card with it's OWN memory to get the same result. I've messed with a 1gb "ram" drive on my wife's system when she wants to encode / decode 2 dvd's at once. it makes a HUGE difference.

I just figure it out. If you go out and buy a +3200 AMD ATHON XP it be around 200.000 somthing more or less around the price. You also could go out and buy a pentium 4 for 209.00 for a 3.0GHZ processor. You may ask why shouldn t i buy the intel but the intel motherboards Asus and other cost 250 - 300 dollars because they have to go up to 800 FSB so in the end you pay 500 - 600 dollars for just the motherboard. Then you got to go out and buy the case and other things. This is for somone those new to bulding computers. Thats why i stick with AMD when amd comes out with a 3.0GHZ processor it will cost a lot to buy the processor but the motherboard will cost maybe 200.000 better then paying 300 or 400 with intel way. maybe the processor will work faster too.

"You may ask why shouldn t i buy the intel but the intel motherboards Asus and other cost 250 - 300 dollars because they have to go up to 800 FSB so in the end you pay 500 - 600 dollars for just the motherboard. Then you got to go out and buy the case and other things"

thats a joke right?