AMD vs. Intel

Well personaly i don't see a dig enough real differance to buy one or the other.

Yeah... the average computer user couldn't care less about the processor. As long as it works and opens email and word they are happy. AMD is cheaper usually... but the Core 2 Duo sure do kick ..

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AMD certainly offers a better budget cpu. The only intel worth getting are the Core 2 Duos. Don't even think about the Pentiums. Core Duos aren't that great either. I have a 2.16GHz Core Duo with a gig of ddr 667 and it seems a lot slower than my 2.2GHz Athlon X2 4200+. OF course the computer with the athlon has another gig of ram. But still, for how much faster the athlon seems, that seems like it shouldn't make a big difference in just cruising through windows and such.

• 2 months later...

I used to run AMD because their processors WERE cheaply priced and they WERE moddable, before they got smart and locked em up.

Now that the prices are pretty comparable and it seems the only thing you can mod are board related items (voltage, bios, etc). I made my current choice (Intel) solely on performance as it stood when I bought it. If AMD had been leading the race, I would have stuck with them. (All summer I was putting a price list together which included a M2N32-SLI deluxe but changed when I started to read the reviews on C2D...

• 1 month later...
I used to run AMD because their processors WERE cheaply priced and they WERE moddable, before they got smart and locked em up.

Now that the prices are pretty comparable and it seems the only thing you can mod are board related items (voltage, bios, etc). I made my current choice (Intel) solely on performance as it stood when I bought it. If AMD had been leading the race, I would have stuck with them. (All summer I was putting a price list together which included a M2N32-SLI deluxe but changed when I started to read the reviews on C2D...

ya if i had to build now i would chose c2d as well. but the k8L is coming out so soon. i might wait and see how that does. because supposely the K8L is going to hold up the AMD line for like 2 years untill the Fusion in 2009

idk.. if K8L doesn't show up Intel. i guess i will be switching sides as well to the C2D.