All 5 Speakers Not Working

Ziggy54354

I recently upgraded my 2.45 nforce2 drivers to whatever the newest ones are. My rear speakers no longer work for mp3's. Is there anyway to fully enable them?

go to Control Panel...

go to Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices...

go to Change the Speaker Settings

if you look under Speaker Settings, click the Advanced button and make sure its on the right setting.

hope this helps, if u didn't try it already ;)

Spectra, though that may be the case, the onboard is fine enough. He is looking for answers, not criticism.

I actually got my friends speakers to work properly with those drivers and she has the MSI K7N2 Delta-L. The drivers respond differently to the different mainboards, but I also recommend re-installation or configure the speakers again with the SoundStorm utility.

Is it just one app? If it is you might need to enable 5.1 audio on it. I had that problem with WMP when I put the new drivers on. I took them off though, they actually slowed down my computer.

The SoundStorm program is there to configure the SoundStorm system on the MCP-T southbridge, it does not work on MCP based ones. Yes, it is a sole program found under "Nvidia" in your start menu.

• 1 month later...